DML Ba349A Natter

JeffS

Here is my Ba349 Natter. Rather easy build. Difficult to line up the launch rail parts.

100_6406.jpg

100_6401.jpg

I realize the pilot figure is incorrect for someone flying a T and C Stoff airframe but I could not find the left over Me163 pilot.

The base started as the two part plastic base provided in the kit. I added Cel-u-Clay and static grass to bring more alive. The disk base is simular to those discovered in southern Germany with pictures found on google image search taken in 2003.

In all the aircraft that I would like to score an hour or so flying time, this is not one.

Very nice! I like your groundwork. It's simple yet convincing. I also like the irony of having an experimental rocket plane slung skyward using a wooden frame and a pole, after the pilot climbs in using an old wooden ladder! Those guys took their life in their hands just being near those fuels! Congrats on a fine build!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Now theres a subject off the beaten path! Very well done. The launch rack really makes the whole thing.

Thanks for sharing

Chris

Historically, did this aircraft ever actually fly? Even in testing? I've seen a mock-up at the museum in Lakeland, FL, it was a pretty tiny thing.

It depends on what source you read. Several unmanned launches where made successfully. The first manned launch claimed the pilot. More unmanned testing was done and some sources indicate that a successful manned launch was completed. It is believed that a squadron was formed but was captured by advancing allied armor before use. There are launch pads located in Germany and photos were taken in 2003 of the disks still in the ground. The photos can be found via google images. My base is a copy of the photos.