Maddog Manufacturing's 2010 Factory Tour Updated 12/21!

Mark Deliduka

Oh my God!! STOP EVERYTHING!!!! :smiley3: The Duke is building something other then 1/72 scale or smaller. A Kodak moment for sure. :D

Just kidding Duke. Everything looks great. I really like the French Armour car. Cool.

Oh, by the way, in the latest Fine Scale Modeler Mag. Guest what? In the front section there are a few people listed that have built models with counts as big or greater then yours. One guy even did an addition to his house just to showcase the built models. Just a little tid bit. You are not alone DUKE. :smiley29:

Chris

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my God!! STOP EVERYTHING!!!! :smiley3: The Duke is building something other then 1/72 scale or smaller. A Kodak moment for sure. :D

Just kidding Duke. Everything looks great. I really like the French Armour car. Cool.

Oh, by the way, in the latest Fine Scale Modeler Mag. Guest what? In the front section there are a few people listed that have built models with counts as big or greater then yours. One guy even did an addition to his house just to showcase the built models. Just a little tid bit. You are not alone DUKE. :smiley29:

Chris

Cool! I may have to get that issue. Gee, I had already told Matthew Usher about my huge collection. I wonder why they didn't contact me? Oh well. I guess it's because I didn't add on an extra room.

Thanks for the great compliment and tidbit about the article. I appreciate you stopping in.

Mark, send them a couple pics of the total forces.

They finally published one of my builds in the Gallery.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here it is a while later and I finally have something to show.

First off, here is the PBY Catalina almost finished. A few more parts and she'll be done. The next pic of her you'll see will be the completed ones:

WIPPBYCatIX.jpg

Next I got the paint on the F-9F Panther. Next up: decals!

WIPPantherIV.jpg

I haven't only been working on aircraft. I manged to get paint on my SA-10 Missile truck. This is almost finished with assembly. The next pics you see of this will be the completed ones:

WIPSA10MissileTruckI.jpg

That ain't much, but it's all I got to show for now. Thanks all for looking and comments are welcome.

Yesterday I spent the day at St. Crispin's Hobby Day and managed to finish one model and get progress on two more. The completed one is in the Aircraft Forum, so feel free to check it out.

Meanwhile, here is the progress I've made on the other two models.

Here is the F-9F Panther all decaled up. Gonna have this one finished before too long:

WIPPantherV.jpg

WIPPantherVI.jpg

The other model I got ahead on is the Russian SA-10 Missile truck. All I have to do is ass the wheels and then it's a matter of weathering it since it had no decals:

WIPSA10MissileTruckII.jpg

WIPSA10MissileTruckIII.jpg

That's all for now. I got more coming up, including a couple new models I'm gonna get started on soon so stay tuned.

Until then, comments are welcome and thanks all for looking in.

Who's Panther is that Duke? Hasagawa's? Love the Marine markings!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil! That is actually the Revell boxing of the Panther in 1/72 scale. This was a raffle prize I won at a local contest. I should have this one done soon.

Not that I am going to start building models in small scale, but there sure is a lot of cool subject in the smaller scales that are not offered in 1/35. I'm Jealous..

Looking good Mark.

Chris

Thanks Chris! Maybe it should be something to consider if you are up to it.

Stay tuned, more to come.

Okay people! I got some time to spend at the bench today and so here is the progress I made on three models after I finished three others.

Yes, I finished three models; feel free to check them out in the Aircraft and Armor Forums. I'm also posting these from the new LEM Gallery, so I hope they show up.

Meanwhile, here is the progress I made on a couple models I've been working on. This first one is the old MPC Profile Series B-25 Mitchell. I got it painted up here:

normal_WIP_B_25_Mitchelll_VI.jpg

normal_WIP_B_25_Mitchelll_VII.jpg

Next I got to work on the ERC-90 that I'd been avoiding working on. In the instructions, it mentions building the two turret baskets out of wire. Well, I wasn't going to do that! I stretched some sprue and cut the lengths I needed, then glued them together. Then I cut the ends to the size I needed and bent the sprue into baskets; then glued them to the turret sides. Here they are before painting in their raw state:

normal_WIP_ERC_90_V.jpg

normal_WIP_ERC_90_VI.jpg

I know it's hard to see them in these pics, so here they are again after getting painted:

normal_WIP_ERC_90_VII.jpg

normal_WIP_ERC_90_VIII.jpg

Much easier to see there. Now I just hope they stay! Next I'll be camouflaging this little car and then I can clearcoat it, decal it, dullcoat it and weather. I may even have this finished before Christmas!

And here is a simple and easy model I started today as well. This is my YF-12A Interceptor I got from a friend. The cockpit is finished and the rear fuselage assembly is together. Here is the cockpit assembly:

normal_WIP_YF_12A_I.jpg

And here is the rear fuselage and cockpit pod dry fit together:

normal_WIP_YF_12A_II.jpg

This is going to be a big one!

Well, that's all my progress on unfinished kits so far. I also managed to finish a couple, so feel free to check them out. Meanwhile, comments are welcome. Thanks to all who look in.

Greetings from frigid Florida. This is my first access to a computer in a week, so I have a lot to catch up on here on the DF. Is your YF-12A the old Revell kit? I built that one many years ago, but it was molded all in black plastic. Happy New Year!

Ed

Keep 'em rolling out Duke. I think I got my PE box holder fixed but then my Dremel conked out. Gotta wait for the repair dudes in CA to figure out if they can fix it or not or if I need to look at purchasing the new 4000 series.

Well, here's more progress. It's going to be tight getting these done by the end of the year.

Here's the B-25. I got the decals on and used copious amounts of Solvaset since these were the original MPC decals. The cloudiness you see will go away once I re-coat this in Future. I've had this happen before and it always goes away.

WIP_B_25_Mitchelll_VIII.jpg

WIP_B_25_Mitchelll_IX.jpg

Next, I got almost all the assembly done on the YF-12A. Here she is sitting on her landing gear:

WIP_YF_12A_III.jpg

Just a couple seams to fix and then I can get her painted.

This is a view of the underside showing the AIM 47 AA Missiles. These were built specifically for this aircraft and were also the predecessors of the AIM 54 Phoenix Missile:

WIP_YF_12A_IV.jpg

And finally, I got the camo pattern on my ERC 90 Sagaie armored car. Next up: clearcoat, decals, dullcoat and weathering.

WIP_ERC_90_IX.jpg

That's about all for now. Stay tuned for more.

Well, got called yesterday. My Dremel is toast and they offered me the 300 series beand new for only $32. Should be here by Monday or Tuesday. Hop[e to get some work done on the Dozer this weekend.