Maddog Manufacturing's 2010 Factory Tour Updated 12/21!

Mark Deliduka

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great Mark! I can't wait to see it in paint. I'm hoping to have my Tiger I camo'd this weekend, and maybe have the S'S' tank assembled and ready for paint also. I clearcoated two aircraft: the C-75 and the Saab Draken in prep for decals so hopefully they'll have them on by next week.

Looking forward to seeing the C-75 completed, Mark! :smiley14:

Later,

Lee

Well this is a short update. I managed to get some time on the bench today so I decided to go back and work on some models that I hadn't done in awhile.

First off I got the decals on the C-75 finally! Despite having three coats of decal film, they still broke up, but not as bad as if they'd not been coated. If you look closely, you'll see some of the missing pieces. They also started peeling up, so I brushed another coat of Future over them to hold them down.

The next pics you see of this will be the completed pics:

WIP%20C73%20XIV.jpg

WIP%20C73%20XV.jpg

Next, I decided to decal the little Beechcraft Bonanza. Again, despite three coats of decal film, they also broke apart. Fortunately I was able to get them put on relatively evenly. After this is the installation of the landing gear and the other detail bits and she's finished.

The next pics you see of this will be completed pics:

WIP%20Bonanza%20III.jpg

WIP%20Bonanza%20IV.jpg

Thirdly, I also finally decaled the Saab Draken J-35. Same story.... old model... three coats of decal film... broken up... Blah, blah, blah etc. etc. etc.

This will be in the finished Forum next time you see it too:

WIP%20Saab%20Draken%20V.jpg

WIP%20Saab%20Draken%20VI.jpg

And finally, I managed to get some progress done on one armor model. While waiting for some of those old aircraft decals to soften up enough, I took some time to camo my Fehrmann Tiger for the Year of the Tiger Group Build on the LEM.

Here it is done up in the three-tone camo pattern:

WIP%20Fehrmann%20VI.jpg

WIP%20Fehrmann%20VII.jpg

Next is the clearcoat, decals and final detail parts and then I can weather this and call it done.

Well, tomorrow is St. Crispin's Hobby Day and so I'll be headed out there to spend the day working on more models. I think I'll bring my 'S' tank to build on and three T-55's to start since I'll have the whole day to work on them.

Meanwhile, thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Well, as I mentioned in my previous post, I went to St. Crispin's Hobby Day with five models and magaged to make excellent progress on all five models. Here's my progress showing my work from Hobby Day and today.

The previous Hobby Day I started this Italeri 1/72 scale Italian gun truck. Two days ago, I slapped some paint on it. Not much, and not too well, but it's been started:

WIP%20Italian%20Gun%20truck%20II.jpg

Now for the things I started at yesterday's Hobby Day. First thing is Trumpeter's 1/72 scale M-26A1 Pershing that I'm making for my US Marine Corps. Here's the lower hull and roadwheels done:

WIP%20Marine%20Pershing%20I.jpg

Next, I started three Trumpeter T-55 tank variants, all in 1/72 scale. I assembled all the lower and upper hull parts and then assembled the turrets. I didn't add any of the detail parts on the turrets yet though.

Here they are. First the T-55 with the Dozer blade:

WIP%20T55%20Dozer%20I.jpg

Next is the T-55 with the Mine roller:

WIP%20T55%20Mineroller%20I.jpg

And finally, the last T-55 variant, the Chinese-made Type 59. I'll be making this an Iraqi tank:

WIP%20Type59%20I.jpg

And the last tank that I worked on at Hobby Day on Saturday was my Swedish 'S' tank, the Stridsvagen 103B. I got all the detail parts on it except for the cupola machine gun. That will go on last with the tools. I had also started to paint then roadwheels as well that day:

WIP%20Strv%20103B%20III.jpg

That's all that happened Saturday. Today, I finished three aircraft (feel free to check them out in the Aircraft Forums) and I also shot paint onto all the above tanks. Here they are:

Swedish 'S' tank:

WIP%20Strv%20103B%20V.jpg

...and the T-55's:

WIP%20T55%20Dozer%20III.jpg

WIP%20T55%20Mineroller%20III.jpg

WIP%20Type59%20III.jpg

I didn't paint the turrets on the T-55's because I still haven't added the detail parts. I'll get them done tomorrow and maybe even get some more paint shot on them then.

I noticed that I didn't paint the Iraqi Type 59 the right color. Oh well, that gives me a reason to try the hairspray technique on it for a little extra weathering. I also noticed that I didn't shoot a pic of the Pershing lower hull in it's coat of green paint. Oh well. I'll shoot a pic of that later when I get more done on it.

Oh, don't forget to check out my finished aircraft in the Aircraft Forum. Meanwhile, thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Just an amazing amount of work you have going on, Mark! Keep up teh awesome work!

Later,

Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, it's been a few weeks and I've managed to get a bit of progress done. This has also helped to fight off a depression that hit Sunday. I did start a couple of models; but alot of what I've been doing is trying to finish up some stalled projects. One of my LEMur friends got me motivated to gets some stuff done, and because of that, I finished one project (seen in the Ships Forum) and made some progress on another project for a friend.

Okay, enough babbling. Here is what I got done so far.

First off, in the helicopter Group Build on Hobbylink Intl. I managed to finally get the Nighthawk's interior ready to close up inside the fuselage. All I need are a couple of decals, which I can put on while the clear parts on the fuselage are drying:

WIP%20CH60%20Nighthawk%20II.jpg

WIP%20CH60%20Nighthawk%20III.jpg

Meanwhile, I pushed my way through getting the three-tone camo pattern finished on my Japanese Sea Knight. I was so burned out on this, but I 'bulled' my way through it:

WIP%20Jap%20Sea%20Knight%20IV.jpg

WIP%20Jap%20Sea%20Knight%20V.jpg

Now I just have to clean up the windows, mask them, then clearcoat and this puppy will be ready for decals. And yes, the front landing gear is broken. I decided to leave it off until I can get more done.

Next, the one project I was stalled on got some work done. This is my 1/48th scale F-106 Delta Dart I'm building for a friend. So far, I got the fuselage together (That was a job!) and added the air intakes. Still a few gaps to deal with that I thought would be covered. I did get the rest of the seams and such covered with Mr. Surfacer 500 in preparation for sanding.

WIP%20F106%20Dart%20VII.JPG.

WIP%20F106%20Dart%20VIII.JPG

Now for the two projects I started. Despite the fact that I'm pretty burned out on anything German, since that is all that seems to be released and/or built by everyone, I started a couple of German subjects This first on is the Dragon 1/72 scale Tiger I Initial that In started. They claim they shrunk it down from 1/35th and I'm beginning to believe it! There are more parts in this model than in any small scale Dragon armor model! Just look at the breech on the main gun to see what I mean:

WIP%20Tiger%20Init%20I.jpg

After I finish this one, I'll have completed all versions of the Tiger I released by Dragon in 1/72 scale.

Next is another German subject, but this time, I'm making it different. Meet "Cuckoo", the Panther captured and briefly used by the British in WWII:

WIP%20Cuckoo%20I.jpg

WIP%20Cuckoo%20II.jpg

Well, that's all the progress I've got done so far. I have finished two projects so feel free to check them out in the Armor and Ships Forums.

Meanwhile, comments are welcome. Thanks to all who stop in to comment.

I love it, Mark! The camo on the helo turned out fantastic. Keep up the good work, buddy! :smiley20:

Later,

Lee

Hello all. I had another great St. Crispin's Hobby Day in that I found time to get five models further along. Actually, two models further along, and three started. Without further ado, here is my lineup from that day.

I'll begin with a model I started two hobby days ago. This is the Trumpeter M-26 Pershing that I'm making for my Marine Corps. I finally have all the assembly done and will be able to finish painting the upper hull and turret:

WIP%20Marine%20Pershing%20III.jpg

WIP%20Marine%20Pershing%20IV.jpg

Next up is the Tiger I Initial production that I also started a bit ago. Lots of small pieces; more than expected in a 1/72 scale armor kit. I finally have all the assembly finished on this one as well. Now all that's left is to 'sticky up' the gun so it doesn't stay in this permanent state of sag; apply the P/E grilles and other pieces, and then paint it:

WIP%20Tiger%20Init%20II.jpg

WIP%20Tiger%20Init%20III.jpg

That reminds me; I need to pick up some more Panzer Grey.

Onward and upward...

I started one plane at the Hobby Day. This is the old Aurora kit of Cessna Skymaster. I built and painted the interior (leather seats!) and then closed it inside the two fuselage halves. I also added weight in the nose so that this will sit on it's landing gear better. This one, by the way will be the civilian version of this plane.

WIP%20Cessna%20Skymaster%20I.jpg

WIP%20Cessna%20Skymaster%20II.jpg

Next, when going through my stash to find something to build at Hobby Day, I found two old classics in it : The ancient ESCI Opel Ambulance and the ancient ESCI Ambulance halftrack! I didn't even know I had them in my stash! Anyway, out they came and off to hobby day they went. I started both of them. This is the Opel Ambulance first. I left the front of the cab off so I can add a clear poly windshield and side windows to this before I close up the cab:

WIP%20Opel%20Ambulance%20I.jpg

WIP%20Opel%20Ambulance%20II.jpg

Next I started the halftrack, concentration on the upper hull. Here it is mostly assembled:

WIP%20Halftrack%20Ambulance%20I.jpg

WIP%20Halftrack%20Ambulance%20II.jpg

Man were those last two an awesome trip down Memory Lane! I couldn't stop smiling while I was building them; even when I ran into some fit issues. Just like old times!

Well, that's all my progress I made so far. Enjoy people. Comments are always welcome and I appreciate all who look in and leave a comment.

Oh, and just to let you all know; I'll be out of town for the next three days and probably won't be able to reply to anything before Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

Thanks again for looking in.

Good stuff, Mark! :smiley20:

Later,

Lee

Lookin' good Duke! What scale is that Aurora Skymaster?

GIL :smiley16:

I had a guy tell me it was 1/76. I don't think he's right, since the box says 1/72 scale and it scales out to 1/72 scale. I'll keep labeling it as 1/72 scale. It is identical to the military version I built some years back.

Lee, thanks for the compliment. I hope to get more done today.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, it's been a busy month and I finally got some time on the bench today. I have to get up early for work tomorrow so this will be a quick report.

I managed to get a lot of sanding done on two of the aircraft I'm working on. I didn't take pics because, well.... there really isn't much to see. I also clearcoated the Japanese Sea Knight, but didn't take pics of that either. It's only shinier than it was before.

I did get substantial work done on five of my armor models, and these are the ones I'll show you now.

I'll start with the two ancient ESCI ambulance kits I'm building. I decided to shoot them with the Dunklegelb basecoats, but ran out before I could finish them. Here they are:

The Halftrack ambulance first:

WIP%20Halftrack%20Ambulance%20III.jpg

WIP%20Halftrack%20Ambulance%20IV.jpg

The Opel ambulance next. You can see where I ran out:

WIP%20Opel%20Ambulance%20III.jpg

WIP%20Opel%20Ambulance%20IV.jpg

Next, I basecoated the Pegasus Hobbies Marine Corps M-26 Pershing. I forgot the back, but I'll get that later:

WIP%20Marine%20Pershing%20V.jpg

WIP%20Marine%20Pershing%20VI.jpg

Damn, now I gotta fix another stupid roadwheel on this tank!

Finally, I painted the tracks for the two Dragon German tanks and added the P/E screens to their decks. While they were drying, I basecoated all the above vehicles, and then came back to basecoat these two. Here's the Tiger I Initial:

WIP%20Tiger%20Init%20IV.jpg

WIP%20Tiger%20Init%20V.jpg

And now the Panther that will become "Cuckoo":

WIP%20Cuckoo%20III.jpg

WIP%20Cuckoo%20IV.jpg

Okay, that's all for now. I'm beat so I'm heading off to hit the sack.

Thanks for looking, comments are welcome.

Good work, Mark! Really liking "Cuckoo". :smiley20:

Later,

Lee

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys for the great replies! Here's some more for you to check out.

Well, here it is three months later and I finally managed to get enough bench time in to be able to make enough progress to show. Actually, that ain't all true. I did manage to get some work done last month during St. Crispin's Hobby Day. I'm also doing a Helicopter Group Build on Hobbylink Int. and that is almost finished. Enough rambling, I'll show that one first.

Here is my 1/72 scale Fujimi KV107 Sea Knight. Looks finished, doesn't it?

WIP%20Jap%20Sea%20Knight%20VI.jpg

WIP%20Jap%20Sea%20Knight%20VII.jpg

It ain't. I got a little more detail touch up paint to do and then dullcoat it and it'll then be finished.

Meanwhile, I also did some sanding on the 1/48 scale Monogram F-106 Dart that I'm building for a friend. He's the same friend I gave the F-102 Dagger to.

This is now masked and ready for paint once the liquid mask on the windshield dries:

WIP%20F106%20Dart%20IX.JPG

WIP%20F106%20Dart%20X.JPG

Moving along, I also added the windscreen to my little Cessna Skymaster. What an incredible gap!

WIP%20Cessna%20Skymaster%20IIa.jpg

Well, that was three weeks ago. I've since filled it in, sanded it down and today I was able to build on the wings and tail:

WIP%20Cessna%20Skymaster%20III.jpg

WIP%20Cessna%20Skymaster%20IV.jpg

A couple more parts to install, and that one will be ready for paint.

Finally, I got pics of the progress I made on the project I started for the Summer Break Group Build over on the LEM. This is the 1/72 scale Armageddon Panzerzeug Bp44 armored train. From now on, I'll just call it 'the armored train'. I also purchased the complement set that goes with this so the entire train can be built. (The kit only comes with half of it) Once it is finished, this model will have twelve total railcars in it, including the locomotive and tender. It will stretch for at least 5 feet. I'll be buying some more Trumpeter rail supplements that they sell separately.

I'll start of course with pics of the armored locomotive and tender. You can see this is a really rough kit with some serious fit issues. I had to do a lot of sanding to get these to fit together this well!

WIP%20Armored%20Train%20I.jpg

WIP%20Armored%20Train%20II.jpg

Next is the Geschutzwagen which will have a turret on it when I work out how to make it turn.

WIP%20Armored%20Train%20III.jpg

WIP%20Armored%20Train%20IV.jpg

Here they are all together on the rails:

WIP%20Armored%20Train%20V.jpg

I'm going to hate sanding away so many of those rivets, but I don't have a choice given the gaps I have to fill. I had started on the Kommandowagen too, but not enough to warrant a pic.

Well, that's all I got done so far. Maybe in a few days I'll be able to get even more done. I still have to get to a hobby shop and pick up some more colors.

I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, thanks for looking; comments are welcome.

Well, thanks to some extra time I had this weekend, I managed to get some things worked on. I did some work on a couple projects that didn't warrant pics. There were a few others that I went back to in order to try and get them closer to being finished.

Here's a quick update on what I got done.

I'll start with Cuckoo. He's ready for decals now, and then some detail painting and track installation:

WIP%20Cuckoo%20V.jpg

WIP%20Cuckoo%20VI.jpg

Next are my two ambulances. I'll start with the halftrack. I had painted it and then started to sand parts of it because I didn't like how it looked. I ended up with something that looked like the hairspray method. I like it and will keep it. I do still need to re-touch some areas where some things were fixed, and then I need to add the tracks/running gear assemblies to this and it'll be ready for decals:

WIP%20Halftrack%20Ambulance%20V.jpg

WIP%20Halftrack%20Ambulance%20VI.jpg

Next is my Opal ambulance. I got a windshield installed and some camo pattern on it:

WIP%20Opel%20Ambulance%20V.jpg

WIP%20Opel%20Ambulance%20VI.jpg

Finally, not everything I worked on was armor. I almost finished all the assembly on my Cessna Skymaster and shot it with a basecoat of white:

WIP%20Cessna%20Skymaster%20V.jpg

WIP%20Cessna%20Skymaster%20VI.jpg

Well, that's about all that's worth showing right now. Time to head off to bed.

Thanks all for looking, comments are welcome.

Nice progress! Is that Skymaster going to be a civilian bird?

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil! Yes, the Skymaster will be civilian. Then I'll get my Piper Azrec and Cherokee built and will finally have the full line of civilian Aircraft offered in 1/72 scale!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here it is a week and a half later and I have about six models clearcoated for decals and once I have a chance, I'll get them done. Meanwhile, I got the chance to work on several models while starting a few more at St. Crispin's Irregulars Hobby Day this past Saturday.

To start with, I tried to paint "Cuckoo" on the side of Cuckoo's turret. It ain't so easy painting over Zimmeritt!

WIP%20Cuckoo%20VII.jpg

I'll re-shoot the green and try again...

Then there is the Italian gun truck that's been sitting partially built on my bench for far too long. I figured it was about time I got his finished. I made some progress on it; building the gun and finishing up some painting. I also applied some Gator Grip Glue on the windshield area to make windows.

WIP%20Italian%20Gun%20truck%20IV.jpg

WIP%20Italian%20Gun%20truck%20V.jpg

Next I started a couple other projects. Two of them are F-86 F Sabre Jets. One will be 'MiG Mad Marine' for a Group Build on the Hobbylink (Aircraft of the Aces) and the other will be a Japanese interceptor. Here are the cockpits all painted ready for IP decals:

WIP%20SabreJets%20I.jpg

My apologies for the slight blurriness. I took these pics at Hobby Day and I had no tripod.

Finally, I started a radar truck for the Russian SA-10 SAM system. Here is the Chassis and most of the large assemblies built:

WIP%20RadarTruck%20I.jpg

That's about all I got going on right now. I have a couple free days coming up so I'll hopefully have more to show later on. Thanks all for looking, comments are welcome.