Maddog Manufacturing's 2010 Factory Tour Updated 12/21!

Mark Deliduka

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that C-75 looks like a cat-fish with wings......

I'm jealous as I've haven't been building ANYTHING lately, just been too busy or too lazy. You keep the posts coming, whether we lurk or respond. Nice work!

GIL :smiley16:

Duke,

Can't wait to see the Dart. One of my favorite planes because of my Dad.

Mark

Cool! I'm building this 1/48th scale Monogram one for a friend of mine who started the development project for the Dart before retiring. Someone else carried it through to production. Stay tuned for more.

Man, that C-75 looks like a cat-fish with wings......

And it's been fighting me like a catfish too! Soon I may be able to shoot paint on it.

I'm jealous as I've haven't been building ANYTHING lately, just been too busy or too lazy. You keep the posts coming, whether we lurk or respond. Nice work!

GIL :smiley16:

Sounds good! I'll take you up on that. Here's more of my progress on a few more kits......

To start out with, I shot a coat of flat black over my Stealth Fighter:

WIP%20F117%20Stealth%20II.jpg

I also had shot the landing gear and the bomb bay rails in white as well. This one should fly together pretty quickly now.

Next, I managed to go to the hobby shop for some more paint. Now my HEMMTT is showing a full camo pattern:

WIP%20HEMMTT%20VII.jpg

WIP%20HEMMTT%20VIII.jpg

And finally, I assembled my little Matilda with the Spigot mortar. It is only a basic assembly right now. Detail parts will come later. Hopefully I'll also find that missing fender cover too:

WIP%20Matilda%20Hedgehog%20II.jpg

WIP%20Matilda%20Hedgehog%20III.jpg

That's all the work I managed to do for now on these projects. Meanwhile, I finally finished five models already. Feel free to check them out in the Armor Forum.

Meanwhile, thanks for looking in. Comments are welcome.

Duke,

The Seattle project is almost done. Hope to have it washed and decalled this weekend. Comcast will still not let me email you. I sent you one from my work email. Let me know if you get it.

Mark

HEMTT looks good in the tri color. Did you mask that or hand paint?

HEMTT looks good in the tri color. Did you mask that or hand paint?

Thanks Phil! The camo was hand painted. I had difficulty trying to mask it so I just went with what was easier.

More pics to come....

Duke,

Should have whipped out the airbrush! Looks great hand paint though!

Mark

I did for the basecoat. I don't have a fine tip for the fine pattern, and I've had difficulty with masks, so I hand paint the secondary colors. Maybe someday I'll get the system down.

Thanks for the great comments Mark!

More pics of my progress....

I'll start with the pics from the Year of the Tiger Group Build that I started on the LEM. I started on the Tiger I building the turret first:

WIP%20Fehrmann%20I.jpg

I didn't get very far because before that I started my IPMS 'New Year's Challenge': the Hasegawa 1/32 scale Tigershark. Here is the instrument panel and cockpit tub:

WIP%20Tigershark%20II.jpg

I also built the ejection seat. Here it is dry fit into the cockpit tub:

WIP%20Tigershark%20I.jpg

I won't glue it in until I get the instrument panel painted.

Moving along, I assembled the two-part tail and wings. They are the biggest pieces on these sprue sets:

WIP%20Tigershark%20III.jpg

And finally, I assembled the rear fuselage halves:

WIP%20Tigershark%20IV.jpg

That is what I got done so far for that Group Build on the LEM. That's because I had a few more models that I was working on.

Here's one of them. This is one of my Saabs, and what a 'Saab story' this model is! (sorry, couldn't resist!)

[insert bad pun groan here]

I got the camo pattern painted using a gloss dark blue, that is why it looks half shiny and half dull. The landing gear and wells are painted too. This one just needs the engine can detailed and the decals added:

WIP%20Saab%20Draken%20II.jpg

Yes it is sitting funny; the two main wheels came off so I set them aside for painting. I also have to paint the black on the tires too.

The other Saab, is in worse shape. I had to re-fill and re-sand some joints before I shoot it again with the basecoat. Then I get the fun job of painting in that oh-so-wonderful splinter camo pattern!!!

So no pics of it....yet

Anyway, moving right along, here is where I'm at on the Halftrack Group Build being held on the Missing Lynx Braille Scale Forums.

Since this is a riveted Sdkfz 251 Ausf C, as you all know Dragon has included some great little P/E riveted sides to apply to the main hull. Here they are installed:

WIP%20Halftrack%20IV.jpg

And finally, I assembled all the parts onto the upper hull. That includes the radio on the underside which ain't seen here:

WIP%20Halftrack%20V.jpg

That's what I got done on this one so far.

Next I also worked on my C-75. I brushed on a coat of OD to see if there were any pits or holes that needed to be filled and sanded along the joints of the wings and tail. (there were) And also to get an idea of what it was going to look like once painted:

WIP%20C73%20VIII.jpg

The engines are all assembled and painted, ready to be mounted onto the nacelles:

WIP%20C73%20X.jpg

Aside from all that, I just re-shot some paint on a couple other models. Not enough was done to them to justify pics though, so maybe on the next update.

That's where I am so far. Thanks all for looking, comments are welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I've been in a little slump lately, mostly because I've had a few models break on me and the parts are lost; I lost the interior of the halftrack I was building, and the C-75 is giving me more issues.

Now I think I've pulled myself out of it. I finally have some progress to show on my Tiger for the Year of the Tiger Group Build on the LEM, as well as a couple other models. And for something different, I started a few helicopters to break up the armor/aircraft routine as well as to enter in the Helicopter Group Build 2010 on Hobby Link International.

On my Tiger, I got the tracks painted in black base color, waiting for weathering. I also have all the assembly complete (except for the tools) and so now all I have to do is add the P/E before I can basecoat this.

Here is the Tiger so far:

WIP%20Fehrmann%20II.jpg

WIP%20Fehrmann%20III.jpg

No progress yet on the Tigershark, but at least I'm getting somewhere with this one for the Group Build.

The other one I got a little progress done on is my Saab Draken. It is now ready for clearcoat and decals now. I gotta coat the decals with a decal film to be sure they don't break up on me. Anyway, here it is waiting for clearcoat and decals:

WIP%20Saab%20Draken%20III.jpg

WIP%20Saab%20Draken%20IV.jpg

No progress on the Viggen yet. Gotta start the splinter camo soon. I'll keep you posted on that one.

Meanwhile, here are the helicopters I started to break things up a bit from armor and aircraft. This first one is the Airfix 1/72 scale Gazelle I'm going to make British. Here is the cockpit and crew first:

WIP%20Gazelle%20I.jpg

Yeah, those guys and their office are looking pretty crude. I guess I'll touch them up a bit before I close them inside the fuselage.

Here is the main rotors painted. I painted all the main rotors on all these helicopters with my $1.12 can of Wal-Mart Flat Black spray bomb.

WIP%20Gazelle%20II.jpg

Next is my Japanese Sea Knight. First the interior that still needs paint:

WIP%20Jap%20Sea%20Knight%20I_001.jpg

...and the rotors painted black. You'll also notice that I installed the windows on the fuselage halves:

WIP%20Jap%20Sea%20Knight%20II.jpg

And finally, this is an ancient MPC kit of the Mi-24 Hind that I'll be doing in Nigerian markings. I have another Hind somewhere I was going to build alongside this to make Libyan, but I can't seem to find the kit. Oh well, here is the forward fuselage/cockpit assembly, the interior of the main cabin assembly, the engine exhaust assembly, and the tail assembly:

WIP%20NIgerian%20Hind%20I.jpg

And here are the rotors all painted up as well:

WIP%20NIgerian%20Hind%20II.jpg

Well, that's all I have to show for now. I may get a few more things worked on today. I'll keep you posted. Meanwhile, thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Wow, that is quite the build-fest, Mark! :smiley20: Diggin' the Tiger and the Gazelle for sure. What's going on with the C-75? More fit issues?

Later,

Lee

Thanks Lee, I'm glad you like them. With the C-75 it wasn't so much fit issues as paint ones. It seemed the more I touched it up the more it got messed up. I finally set it aside to wait a day. Today, I got more work done on it. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel so far. With my luck, it's probably a train, but anyway, here's the pics.

The C-75 is now on her landing gear and her propellers are installed:

WIP%20C73%20XI.jpg

WIP%20C73%20XII.jpg

WIP%20C73%20XIII.jpg

Man, the darn thing looks like a pregnant cow. Should be giving birth to a squadron of P-40's any day now.

Moving along, I also started the splinter camo on my Viggen. This is the first color added over the basecoat:

WIP%20Viggen%20III.jpg

WIP%20Viggen%20IV.jpg

WIP%20Viggen%20V.jpg

Now, I finish this freehand brush job and go to post it on another Forum; and I see a message from a friend of mine. He does masks for a living and sent me an offer for a set of camo masks to use on this plane Well, how could I not accept? I accepted his offer and will be repainting this model once they arrive. This should be fun!

Anyway, that's all I have to show for today. Kind of small, but at least I'm seeing some progress. Thanks all for looking and comments are welcome.

Ah, sometimes the best thing to do is set aside the trouble kit and give it a day or two. Good call, Mark, and you are right...that sucker is gonna pop any day! :lol: Lookin' good for sure, buddy.

That Viggen camo pattern is never easy to do. I muffed up an old ESCI kit years ago and I swore that was the last one I'd try to mess with. Good luck on that and keep up the nice work.

Later,

Lee

Thanks Lee. Yeah, setting it aside for a day worked. I was able to get the landing gear and propellers on. I think I'm about ready for decals now.

I agree on the Viggen. That is why I was taking it step by step; painting each color after a day or so. I will be waiting for the masks that are on the way so it should be easier to do when they arrive. The pics above show my freehand work.

Thanks again for posting!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I finally managed to get some time to build on my workbench. I got a few more things done and moved ahead on a couple of Group Builds (One on the LEM and one on HLI) I was hoping to get farther along on other kits but I guess I'm good with what I got done so far.

In the Year of the Tiger Group Build on the LEM, I finally got enough progress done to justify pics. Here is my Dragon Tiger I hybrid with the basecoat on. Gonna camo this one next:

WIP%20Fehrmann%20IV.jpg

WIP%20Fehrmann%20V.jpg

That's all I have on this one so far. Hopefully things pick up and I can finish this one fast.

Meanwhile, on the Helicopter Group Build on HLI, I got some more progress done on several models I'm building for that. I also started a new helicopter that I picked up for 5 bucks at St. Crispin's Hobby Day.

Here are the models I've had going for the Helicopter Group Build. The first is the old MPC Mi-24 Hind in 1/72 scale.What a trip this one is, not to mention the trip down Memory Lane! I got the whole Fuselage together and have been sanding the seams as best I can. I will get this almost fully assembled but won't be able to finish it until I find the Nigerian decals I was going to put on this one. Here it is so far:

WIP%20NIgerian%20Hind%20III.jpg

Next I also assembled the fuselage on the 1/72 scale Japanese Sea Knight that I'm building:

WIP%20Jap%20Sea%20Knight%20III.jpg

And finally, here is the start of the 1/72 scale Nighthawk. This is the cockpit and interior of the cabin:

WIP%20CH60%20Nighthawk%20I.jpg

Next up are pics from the 1/48th scale F-106 I'm building for a friend. I got the landing gear and weapons bay assembly done. All that's left is touching up the paint and then I can move on. Here are pics of the underside:

WIP%20F106%20Dart%20VI.JPG

Now for a couple more models I started at St. Crispin's Hobby Day. These were started at the same time as the Nighthawk.

This first one is a 1/72 scale Italeri snap together/quick build model of an Italian truck with the 90mm AA gun mounted on it. I got everything assembled except the cab so I can paint the interior. These parts are a hard soft plastic that hold themselves together well. Not like the soft plastic of the gun itself. Here it is so far:

WIP%20Italian%20Gun%20truck%20I.jpg

Last but not least, here is a Trumpeter 1/72 scale model of the Swedish Strv 103B tank I also started on Hobby Day. I had already assembled the 'C' model 'S' tank, so I figured, why not do a 'B' model next? Here it is mostly assembled:

WIP%20Strv%20103B%20I.jpg

WIP%20Strv%20103B%20iI.jpg

Well, that's all I've been able to get done so far. Thanks all for looking and comments are welcome.

Looking good, Mark! Diggin' the Swedish 103B and the '106 especially. Any idea what markings the '106 will be getting?

Later,

Lee

Man, you are like a machine.

The What If Modelers are also contemplating a year of the Tiger themed GB, only, it would be What If Tiger Meet aircraft. I am hoping that one goes through.

Duke,

Looking Good. Check out the Armor section for latest completion. That makes four for me. Shoot dude. Thanks to you, I might actually get some models built!

Mark

Thanks for the great comments guys!

Lee, not sure what markings the -106 will get. I have to decide from the kit decals once I get to that point. The Swedish tank will be an overall green color. I did the -103C in splinter camo and once was enough!

Thanks Phil! On the LEM, we decided to make it anything named for a tiger whether it be aircraft, armor, car or ship. It's been a great Group Build so far.

Mark, I saw your latest! That was a simply fantastic build. I'm glad I'm able to help your productivity as well. Can't wait to see more from you.