Recently completed - Wingnut Wings 1/32 LVG C.VI

elarson

I wrapped up this 9-month project last week. Many of you may have already seen this on some of the other forums but I thought I'd toss it in here too. :smiley1:

I've only built one WWI plane before this one - a 1/48 DML Fokker Dr.1 - so this project was WAY outside of my "comfort zone"! I can't say enough good things about the incredible job Wingnut did on this kit. I enjoyed every minute of the build (or have forgotten the less enjoyable moments).

Built pretty much straight from the box with only a few minor extras. The radiator handle, engine ignition wires, and the brace wire on the observer's gun were added from bits of styrene and wire. The p/e cooling jacket on the pilot's Spandau is from a Tom's Modelworks Fokker Dr.1 set and the little front ring sight on the same gun is from a Copper State Models set.

Rigging is 2 lb. nylon fishing line painted with Humbrol Metalizer Polished Steel. Turnbuckle bodies were made from .012"/.018" stainless steel hypodermic tubing and everything anchored to the model with Bob's Buckles little hook eyes.

Wood grain effect is done with artist's oils over a base of Tamiya acrylics.

Cheers,

Eric

LVG_Complete001.jpg

LVG_Complete003.jpg

LVG_Complete002.jpg

LVG_Complete013.jpg

LVG_Complete014.jpg

Nice work! I especially like your wood-grain effect and how you have it vary a little bit between panels. My first posting after joining IPMS was of this kit and I can second all the compliments you have for its engineering. The fit of this kit is so good that a patient novice can get a very good result, skilled builders like yourself can build a real masterpiece! :smiley20:

"I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy" (on two knees, bowing down to a plastic building superior). OK, kidding aside, Eric, this is a stunning build. I don't know where to begin with the specific compliments. It's all great. Thanks for posting the pics. Model on, Master of the Sprue. :smiley20:

Let me jump on the "praise" bandwagon too! That's a museum quality build! Can't see anything that I don't like about it. The Wingnuts kits have a great reputation as fantastic kits, but they don't come out that well without skills like yours! Thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16: