Lavochkin La-7 finished...back in November!

Wulf

Finished this one in November but never took pics and posted. This is Eduards weekend edition kit built OOB with no frills. Tried the color modulation technique on this one. Primed with a dark brown and applied thin lighter coats on top. Came out pretty well with a hint of 'dirt' showing thru. Comments welcomed...

Andy

La-7lrear.jpg

LA-7lfront.jpg

La-7rfront.jpg

La-7rights.jpg

La-7topfront.jpg

La-7topl.jpg

Great build Andy. Love the finish with just the right amount of weathering :smiley20:

Do the Eduards weekend kits use the same plastic as their regular kits, or are they completly different?

-dave

Great build Andy. Love the finish with just the right amount of weathering :smiley20:

Do the Eduards weekend kits use the same plastic as their regular kits, or are they completly different?

-dave

It's the same. Eduard plastic seems to be a little softer than other kits. Easier to sand...

It looks absolutley great to me. It's everything I'd want in an La-7! I like the weathering; just enough to look used without being over done. Are the red/white fin stripes painted or decal? Sure can't tell just by looking! Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Thanks Gil,

Yes, the rudder stripes were painted. It was not so easy curving them to match properly but it worked. The decals just wouldn't cut it.

Andy

- This is a beautiful build Andy. It looks like you have mastered the "color modulation" method.

- Barring in mind the fact that pics of small scale models have a tendency to magnify details, both good and bad, I have an observation for ya that you may wish to file in the back of your mind for the next build. In the views where you can see the back edges of the windscreen and the canopy (once I click on them to open them up and they are expanded to full size) I think you can see a certain amount of transparency where the paint applied to the frames might not be as thick or have as much full coverage as you might want. Otherwise, all other aspects of the build look fabulous. Thanks for posting these pics. They're inspirational. Model on, Brother of the Sprue. :smiley20:

Very nice work. The weekend edition kits are a nice break from the usaul marathons most of my projects turn into. How long did this one take you?

Chris

Very nice work. The weekend edition kits are a nice break from the usaul marathons most of my projects turn into. How long did this one take you?

Chris

Well, I have a 7 month old so it was more like a "2 month edition" kit. <_<

Well, I have a 7 month old so it was more like a "2 month edition" kit. <_<

Got two of those myself (14 and 5 years old,) so I'm tracking with you. Makes the moments we can model that much more special. :smiley14:

Chris