Hot off the workbench

RobMorales

Thanks for checking it out and the encouraging comments!

Mark, it did not come with any figures, which is a shame because ICM has produced some nice ones recently. I bet there are some good ones for Red Army artillery out there. I will likely add a figure to the base shortly.

David, this is really a staightforward build. I actually took it on the road and did my parts cleanup there. I do recommend the WWP monograph "WW2 Soviet Anti-Tank Artillery". It helps clarify the instructions a bit.

Rob,

- This is a sweet little build. IMHO you did an excellent job on it and I hope that my small artillery pieces come out half as good as yours here.

- I can't help but notice the huge similarity between this piece and the German 37mm Pak 36. If not for the difference in barrel sizes (76.2mm as opposed to 37mm) and if you had removed the auxiliary siting plate from the top left shield and then painted it Panzer Grey, I would have never known the difference. I wonder.....which one came first? This....or the Pak 36? Maybe there's a manufacture cross over or shared design in their early development. Still.....great build. Thanks for posting it.

Rob,

- This is a sweet little build. IMHO you did an excellent job on it and I hope that my small artillery pieces come out half as good as yours here.

- I can't help but notice the huge similarity between this piece and the German 37mm Pak 36. If not for the difference in barrel sizes (76.2mm as opposed to 37mm) and if you had removed the auxiliary siting plate from the top left shield and then painted it Panzer Grey, I would have never known the difference. I wonder.....which one came first? This....or the Pak 36? Maybe there's a manufacture cross over or shared design in their early development. Still.....great build. Thanks for posting it.

Ken, I believe that the Soviet carriage is a copy of the German one, if I remember reading correctly. Which is kind of strange to me as the Red Army has quite the history of developing field guns.

Thanks for the compliments! :smiley1: