Figure Maker Needed

TimDarrah

Might anyone know of someone that could "make" a 1/35th figure for me? I need a WW2 GI sitting on the runnning board of the Italeri WC-54 Ambulance with his elbows on his knees and face in his hands. I don't have the skills needed to sculpt what I need.

Thanks,

Hi Tim,

Since no sculptors have spoken up, I have some suggestions on modifying figures that may help. If you have a figure with a good deal of forward bend in the torso you can attach it to a sitting set of legs. Limbs are pretty easy to reposition...cut a V-shaped notch on the side in which you want it to bend (like notching a tree in the direction you want it to fall) then saw through from the opposite side. Drill a hole in each of the cut ends to accept a short piece of copper wire and glue the figure back together. The copper wire will let you work on the pose of the figure like the old possable gumby doll. When you like the pose fill the notches with putty and file some creases in if needed.

I used this technique to get a Tamiya 1/35th scale Tommie to hang onto a 1/32nd scale LVG.

LVG_CVI_woodx-1.jpg

You might ruin some limbs at first (hopefully just plastic ones) but it is a trick worth learning and not that hard once you get the hang of it.

Edited by PaulD

Paul,

Thanks for the hints. I'll give it a shot, but knowing my luck, I'll dork them up bigtime

Tim,

Verlinden makes a set of figures, 1:35 US Tankers Warming Up WWII #1105 , the sitting figure of which could form the basis of what you need with minimal surgery. Tanker jackets were highly sought after, so that would be OK, you might need to swap out the boots. The head could be pretty easily repositioned, or better yet swapped out for a Hornet head, reposition the arms a little, and there's a good chance you could use the hands from the other guy.

1105.jpg

Jim

Jim,

That set looks like it'll work, thanks for the heads-up.

Tim

Jim,

I found a set on e-bay for $15, so it's on the way tome. Thank you very much for the idea. Plus I can use the second dude on a dio that I'm working on right now :-)

Jim,

I found a set on e-bay for $15, so it's on the way to me. Thank you very much for the idea. Plus I can use the second dude on a dio that I'm working on right now :-)

Jim,

I found a set on e-bay for $15, so it's on the way to me. Thank you very much for the idea. Plus I can use the second dude on a dio that I'm working on right now :-)