F-89J gear wells

David M. Knights

Well according to the photos in Squadron's new walk around book they look like they are silver. But this might be a restored aircraft, so it might be wrong. Still I would probably go with silver.

Eric

Well according to the photos in Squadron's new walk around book they look like they are silver. But this might be a restored aircraft, so it might be wrong. Still I would probably go with silver.

Eric

Thanks. I don't have that one. Will have to pick up that book.

David, the Detail and Scale book has some color photos but they really don't show the inside of the wheel well doors or the wheel wells. They do, however have some very good B&W photos of the areas. It looks like the wheel well doors are silver. They are a very light color. The book does show the inside of the nose wheel well. It looks pretty dark. I would call it zinc chromate or interior green. (same color?)

David, the Detail and Scale book has some color photos but they really don't show the inside of the wheel well doors or the wheel wells. They do, however have some very good B&W photos of the areas. It looks like the wheel well doors are silver. They are a very light color. The book does show the inside of the nose wheel well. It looks pretty dark. I would call it zinc chromate or interior green. (same color?)

Clare,

I have the D & S book and your conclusions are the ones I made. Good to know that great minds think alike.