New to IPMS, but not too new to modeling.

darthfoster

Okay here we go....I am now 47 and I have been building models since I was about 8, maybe a little older. I remember building my first battleship, I think it was Big Mo, and I used all of the red paint in the testors bottle just to cover the hull. Twisted the parts off the sprues, then "borrowed" my mothers emery boards to file down the rough/torn edges. One tube of glue per model sounds about right, doesn't it? I was even in the Testors modeling club for a while, anyone remember that club. You would get little magazines about how to make your models better. In Junior High I had a history teacher that was on the U.S.S. Vestal, that was tied up next to the U.S.S. Arizona on December 7, 1941. Great and scary stories, so I had to build the Arizona. Eventually, other things took over in my life including a stint in the Army (Infantry/Scout/Recon) and took a "VERY" long break, only to return about ten years ago. I really like the Armor from WW2 as well as trying my hand at some diorama's. I like Star Wars, currently working on an X-Wing in all black. I aslo was asked to build a Ferrari for a friend of mine, that was a task and a half. Not a big car guy. I have roughly 20+ models waiting to be built, with my time very limited, it takes me forever to finish just one and I always seem to buy more than I finish. What an addiction this hobby is. Only my fishing is more expensive. I have babbled long enough, so greeting to all.

Anthony aka: Darth Foster

Anthony,

Welcome, we have a bunch of great guys in the Sci-Fi forum. Can't wait to see some photos!

Mark

Anthony, welcome from another Mark! Glad to see you on these Forums. Are you from Long Beach in California? If so and you want to join a club or attend a model meeting, contact me for info on IPMS Orange County. Hope to see you at one of our meetings, if I haven't already!

Darth Foster;

Welcome to the forum. My son, Eely ( an ellzard, I'm not sure what that is) aka Logan, really likes sci-fi.One of the models he is working on is a MPC Speeder bike. I've been on a helicopter kick lately. We too like to fish when we are not building models.Slugman, IPMS Green Dragons. :smiley17:

There are some neat Sci Fi kits highlighted in the Review section of this website. If you're new to the hobby or just getting back into it those reviews may prove helpful.