New for 2010 - A Wish List

Dick Montgomery

Didn't Italeari do a 1/72 WACO?

You are right, Ron. Additional Internet searching reveled that Revell reboxed the late 1970s Italeari kit and sold it in the early 1980s. I might be able to find one on eBay, but I'd like to see a new kit from Tamiya or Hasegawa or the like.

Thanks for the find.

I asked this question at our last meeting. Some of the answers were:

1/32 Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress

1/48 Boeing B-47E Stratojet (several votes)

1/72 Lockheed C-5A Galaxy

1/72 Lockheed C-141B Starlifter

1/350 Los Angeles Class Attack Submarine

1/25 2000 & newer vintage big rig tractors and trailers

1/35 UH-60M Blackhawk ("Mike" model)

Any Scale 2001 Space Station 5 with in scale Pan Am Clipper Orion

Ed

Ed,

You are right. I'd buy a 72nd C-5 and C-141.

I'd go after the Space Odyssey Space Station and Space Clipper. I have the original Aurora Space Clipper but the Station in that scale would require a domed stadium for display.

I'd like to see a new 1/48th scale Gemini space craft, and a 1/72nd scale SSN 571 Nautilus.

I'd go after the Space Odyssey Space Station and Space Clipper. I have the original Aurora Space Clipper but the Station in that scale would require a domed stadium for display.

• 3 weeks later...

Back when 21st Century Models was in business, of models, I had high hopes that they would release the B-47, B-52 and other large 1950s aircraft. Seems that these would be in their 'wheel house' of projects.

That being said, the one 48th scale aircraft model I'd like to see released in 2010 by Tamigawa/Revuard is ......... drum roll ....... A P-40B/C!! Heck!! I'd settle for a Curtiss Model 81A-2!!

Bo Roberts

Edited by jabow

Back when 21st Century Models was in business, of models, I had high hopes that they would release the B-47, B-52 and other large 1950s aircraft. Seems that these would be in their 'wheel house' of projects.

That being said, the one 48th scale aircraft model I'd like to see released in 2010 by Tamigawa/Revuard is ......... drum roll ....... A P-40B/C!! Heck!! I'd settle for a Curtiss Model 81A-2!!

Bo Roberts

Edited by jabow

1/48th F-16XL

1/48th X-29

1/35 AH-56 Cheynne

Right-ON, Mark. I second this motion, on all three counts! :smiley20:

After seeing Mark's post I had completely forgot about the one that will never be made. A 1/35 CH-53!!!!!

Now hold on Mark, I remember in 1983ish how amazed I was to be holding my newly finished Revell 32nd scale F-15E and thinkin,"Wouldn't it be cool if they did a 32 scale A-10!......Naw, it'll never happen." A few years later Tamiya released their F-15E and then a few more years later, Trumpie released that A-10! While I wouldn't lay any bets on it, I still wouldn't count MRC, Academy, or Trumpie out for doing the 53, any variant. We can still hope!?!

Edited by Weedeater

Ken,

Put a 1/35 CH-53 in one hand and whatever you want in the other and I will bet you which one fills up first! While I do have two of the Trumpeter CH-47s (I know I will NEVER build them [because of space]), can you imagine the length of the body and blades on that monster? It would be nice but I don't think so. Always wanted to do a "brown out" dio of my first sling load hook-up. I even picked up two of Academy's CH-53Es which I might actually build one of those.

Mark

Well the three I sent in answer to Italeri's "tell us what you want" question were

all in 1/72

Agusta-Westland AW-139

Sikorsky HH-3C/E/F Jolly Green Giant / Pelican

Bell 206L-3 Long Ranger

As for a kit or kits, I'd like to see a 1/24 Cadillac XLR in a new tool. Old-school Nascar kits reissued when they still looked like factory cars, the Monogram Chevy blazer's reissued, and whatever odds/ends that catch my interest.

I FINALLY saw an announcement that peaked my interest.....Sanger vacuform of England has announced they will do a 1/48 Fairchild C-119G, which will save me from scratchbuilding! It may take a year or two for them to do it, but I can wait if I know there's one in the pipeline. If I don't find one in the meantime, I'll probably order their 1/48 B-47 when I order the C-119. By the way, if you're interested in BIG 1/48 vacs they have a few announced for the future that will blow your mind; including a 1/48 B-36 and a 1/48 XB-70!

As for other "holy grail" kits...I have one on the way. I found an ID vac 1/48 P-3 Orion (yes, I am a plastic masochist at heart). The only other rare kit I'm currently seeking is the old Classic Castings resin A-17. If I don't find one of those in the next couple of years (and I haven't found one for the last 20!); Lone Star Models has put that one into the pipeline, so I may be able to opt for it.

Sadly, the injection molded kit releases are nice, but there's nothing really NEW that I want. It helps that I'm willing to build my older kits of what's being repopped and retooled; and that I only build my absolute favorites in 1/32. That saves me a TON of money! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

• 1 month later...

F-16 XL, for sure.

Buck Rogers starfighter with better cockpit. and landing gears.

and another release of anything snake and mongoose

now thats deversity. lol

kev,

and this would make three , heck yea those would be awsome.

Edited by odwinn

I'll ditto the 1/48 B-47, even if only an easier to get vac version from Koster, as opposed to the much rarer and tougher to build old Sanger vac kit. Another I'd like to see released is the 1/48 Classic Airframes F2H-2 Banshee; or the sale of those molds to someone who can release it.

Other than that, I think a good, mainstream (Monogram/Revell or Has.) 1/48 F9F-8 Cougar and TF9F-8 Twogar would be great sellers.

GIL :smiley16:

Gil,

I know they're not injection and expensive but the Collect-Aire version of all three of the F2H-2/3, F9F-8 and TF9F-8 are pretty well done, don't you think?

John

1/72nd

New tool F-106 and F-102

Brown Water Navy kits (Monitor, PBR, PACV, ASPB)

USS Monitor

USS Drum (understand it is different enough from the Gato)

C-5, C-17, C-141, 747, KC-10, 737, DC-9 Nightingale, all injection and affordable

Centurion, Universal Carrier, M-41, M-42

Sci Fi fighters (Battlestar old and new, etc) injection

Reissues of the Battletech machines (Warhammer, Rifleman, Marauder)

1/1000

USS Bozeman

Romulan Warbird (TOS) Injection

USS Enterprise 1701D (may be a little big)

1/350

USS Enterprise (TOS)

Klingon D-7

Romulan Warbird

Edited by philp

1/72nd

New tool F-106 and F-102 AMEN

Brown Water Navy kits (Monitor, PBR, PACV, ASPB)

USS Monitor AMEN

USS Drum (understand it is different enough from the Gato) AMEN

C-5, C-17, C-141, 747, KC-10, 737, DC-9 Nightingale, all injection and affordable AMEN, AMEN and a 737 while you are at it.

SNIP

AMENS above

Dave I'll add your Amens for the 1/72 scale aircraft and raise you one more for the 1/72 scale armor he mentioned. To that I'd add a 1/72 scale M-109, M47, Gepard, and maybe even a Sgt York.

Oh, and I have gotten one of my Holy Grails already: The SAM 2 on the truck transporter. I have also been contacted by a rare kit collector who has arranged to get me the two replacements for my stolen aircraft from the 2007 Nats: the Piper Aztec and the Piper Cherokee in 1/72 scale. All I need to do is come up with the $140.00 to pay for them both and I've got them all. Fortunately I have several jobs lined up and will have the cash before too long.

Okay. I gotta say it. The 1/48th BUFFs can't make it to target without tanker support.

A 1/48th scale KC-135A Stratotanker - water wagon. They can change engines later, gotta have the J-57s first.

Preferrably a 1958 model, 58-0067, with 17th BW markings, Wright-Patterson AFB.

Hey, if we are going to dream, dream specifically.