New for 2010 - A Wish List

Dick Montgomery

I've been making sure I started 2010 out right....building models, working on my Model Inventory Files,taking pics of models.

As I was shooting paint on a truck model this morning my mind wandered a bit and I was thinking about models I wish were being manufactured.

So, the question is put to you.

What do you most want to see? In what scale?

Don't forget tools, decals, and after market parts....

I'd like to see:

1/48 B-47 with typical SAC markings.

Accesories? Sure.... how about some flight line carts and, perhaps, a mechanic's stand so that one of those engine pods could be hinged open showing a fully detailed engine.

Don't forget the after market P.E. for the instrument panel, ejection seats, ....

yeah...that would make me part with some hard-earned cash.

You?

I have missed NASCAR in modeling. The cars are so complex these days with the inside jammed full of interesting stuff and some amazing decal opportunities. Come on, NASCAR. Get off the mount and get back in the game. . .

Mike

I'll ditto the 1/48 B-47, even if only an easier to get vac version from Koster, as opposed to the much rarer and tougher to build old Sanger vac kit. Another I'd like to see released is the 1/48 Classic Airframes F2H-2 Banshee; or the sale of those molds to someone who can release it.

Other than that, I think a good, mainstream (Monogram/Revell or Has.) 1/48 F9F-8 Cougar and TF9F-8 Twogar would be great sellers.

GIL :smiley16:

The infamous AVLB and MICLIC on a M60 or without it. I know there are several in Resin.....I want it in Plastic.

Mark

Here's what I'd like to see:

In the realm of Sci-Fi:

1/350 Scale TOS Enterprise (I know this has been rumored to be in the works)

1/350 Scale U.S.S. Reliant

1/350 Scale U.S.S. Excelsior / U.S.S. Enterprise-B (c'mon guys, it wouldn't be THAT big)

All Others...

I'd like to see Tamiya do an AFFORDABLE 1/350 Scale U.S.S. Arizona....

A 1/72nd Fletcher Class

I'd vote for the StIrling .... with a glider tug option ...

I've tried and trashed 3 of the Airfix ones for simply being too old & poorly molded ....

John,

Given your prowess with Airfix kits, I am surprised. Heck, I'd have thought you'd have knocked one out in a Blitzbau. :smiley16:

I like the Stirling. Yes, I'd want bomber and glider tug options. Heck, I'd also like an injection Lincoln too.

While we are at it, how about a new mold, 72nd F-106, both A and B.

NASCAR is gone from scale modeling because of licensing issues. Its just not worth Revell-Monogram's time and energy to build all new toolings for the new cars and try to sell them at a price folks will pay when you add on the fees the various parties want...

For example, Tamiya's re-issues of old F1 kits are missing the Goodyear logo decals because of licensing even though some kits have logos in the rubber sidewalls of the tires...

Folks are getting greedy and only the lawyers are really raking in the dough.

E

I have missed NASCAR in modeling. The cars are so complex these days with the inside jammed full of interesting stuff and some amazing decal opportunities. Come on, NASCAR. Get off the mount and get back in the game. . .

Mike

NASCAR is gone from scale modeling because of licensing issues. Its just not worth Revell-Monogram's time and energy to build all new toolings for the new cars and try to sell them at a price folks will pay when you add on the fees the various parties want...

For example, Tamiya's re-issues of old F1 kits are missing the Goodyear logo decals because of licensing even though some kits have logos in the rubber sidewalls of the tires...

Folks are getting greedy and only the lawyers are really raking in the dough.

E

Somebody forgot to tell me. Anyone know where I can get my share? :smiley14:

Braille scale Centurion. The only one around is the absolutely ancient Airfix one, and its terrible.

Same for a Universal carrier.

I second the call for a 1/72 Lincoln!

Small scale (1/600, 1/700) HMS Exeter. Heck, even bring back the old Matchbox kit. Its 1/720, but who cares when its the only game in town?

I've done the Sterling and its a chore, but with a lot of 220 sandpaper and putty, it looks pretty good on my shelf. Its an aircraft version of a "slammer". No interior or other pesky detail. Not a contest contender in any way, but looks cool on that stalky landing gear. Would be a great release with a glider tug option and could include a glider as well. Airfix already has the gliders.

Braille scale Centurion. The only one around is the absolutely ancient Airfix one, and its terrible.

Same for a Universal carrier.

I second the call for a 1/72 Lincoln!

Small scale (1/600, 1/700) HMS Exeter. Heck, even bring back the old Matchbox kit. Its 1/720, but who cares when its the only game in town?

I've done the Sterling and its a chore, but with a lot of 220 sandpaper and putty, it looks pretty good on my shelf. Its an aircraft version of a "slammer". No interior or other pesky detail. Not a contest contender in any way, but looks cool on that stalky landing gear. Would be a great release with a glider tug option and could include a glider as well. Airfix already has the gliders.

Ron,

We have two votes for the Lincoln. Call Hasegawa!

Then call them for the Braille Scale Centurion and Universal carrier as well, They have my vote too, along with an M-109 Paladin and an M-41 Walker Bulldog.

In aircraft I'd love to see a 1/72 scale 747 with options to build Air Force One and/or the Space Shuttle carrier. Also a1/72 scale plastic C-17, C-5A and C-141.

In ships, a 1/600 or 1/700 scale Italian carrier Guiseppi Gariibaldi and the Vittorio Venetto.

- 1/32 scale P-40F nose for the Hase (or Revell) P-40E...do I have to scratchbuild it first, to make this one appear...?

- 1/72 JERRV "Cougar" 6x6 AFV

- 1/700 USS Constellation, CV-64...an accurate one!

Well, I hate to admit it, but I don't have too many kits on my wish list.

I am going to wish for some good reference books that I can afford....

I like 'em big. Remember that I was the one who suggested a B-47 in 1/48th would be #1 on my list. But a B-36! That would be a monster! How cool would that be!

Another area which I'd really like to see develop is that of "Land Speed" vehicles. I am not familiar with the resin and cottage industry releases but the injection kits are few and far between. These vehicles have always interested me.

I would like to see Revell/Monogram do the Ch-54, UH-34,CH-37, P-2V,P-4M,B-47, B-36, and B-52, like they did the WW2 bombers. Open panels, good cockpits and gun turrets, decent engines, figures,etc. Man, that would be some good modelling !!!!!!!!! :smiley29:

• 2 weeks later...

I asked this question at our last meeting. Some of the answers were:

1/32 Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress

1/48 Boeing B-47E Stratojet (several votes)

1/72 Lockheed C-5A Galaxy

1/72 Lockheed C-141B Starlifter

1/350 Los Angeles Class Attack Submarine

1/25 2000 & newer vintage big rig tractors and trailers

1/35 UH-60M Blackhawk ("Mike" model)

Any Scale 2001 Space Station 5 with in scale Pan Am Clipper Orion

Ed