Can't wait... 'new' old AMT kits...

Mike Delano

Just saw in the new FSM that R2 will be re releasing the old Star Trek Deep Space Station K-7 kit among others. There was also a shot of the box art for the reimagined Enterprise from the 2009 movie....

• 3 weeks later...
Just saw in the new FSM that R2 will be re releasing the old Star Trek Deep Space Station K-7 kit among others. There was also a shot of the box art for the re imagined Enterprise from the 2009 movie....

Not a fan of the JJ Abrams Enterprise...but I will buy the kit.

It could lead to some interesting conversions and kit bashes. The saucer is nice...the engines...Im kinda hit or miss on, but that secondary hull is flat out god awful.

the AMT reissues will be nice to reacquire...have a chance to correct the mistakes I committed on the kits the first time around.

My LHS has the Vulcan Shuttle, UFO Mystery Ship (aka Leif Erickson) and the old Mr Spock with the 3 headed snake thingy.

Probably will pass on the shuttle although it does have some Whiff potential. Will probably pick up the other 2 kits as I always wanted to redo the UFO as the Erickson and saw a neat build of the Spock kit in an old Scale Modeler where the guy did some slight mods to an arm and a leg and put him in a setting from "The Man Trap" that I have always wanted to do something similar.

• 2 months later...

I have built the Vulcan Shuttle / Warp Drive Sled in the 1980s...the 2nd version that came with water slide decals

It's back! I had a 1st issue kit that came with dry transfers (plastic color is white)...And now the new one...Cast in pink styrene with 2 huge decal sheets.

I'm currently building a side by side of both kits...One will be painted and marked in StarFleet livery. The new one as a Vulcan diplomatic shuttle. The plan also is to illuminate them with LEDs.

The readers of this post can follow the progress of the builds at my Flickr.com photo archives.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30727025@N02/...57623684139354/

post-817-1271023795_thumb.jpg

Edited by DLMatthys

The K-7 was my first Star Trek model. I remember playing with the small Enterprise that came with that kit. I bought one on eBay many, many years ago but never got around to building it. I'm glad it may see the light of day again.