And More Finished Models from the Duke!

Mark Deliduka

And finally, I have wrapped up 2009 with four more armor models; three trucks and a locomotive. Yes, I'm calling the Br-52 done even though there's no decals. It may be years before I find them or get some from Trumpeter so for all intents and purposes, this puppy is done!

Wanna see it? Okay, here it is:

German%20Br%2052%20Lokomotive%20I.jpg

German%20Br%2052%20Lokomotive%20II.jpg

German%20Br%2052%20Lokomotive%20III.jpg

German%20Br%2052%20Lokomotive%20IV.jpg

Man, I'm glad I finally finished that one. It has to be the most challenging model I've built since the Christie Fire Truck!

Next are these three trucks.

First is Hasegawa's 1/72 scale GMC CCKW 353 Cargo Truck:

US%20Army%20GMC%20CCKW%20353%20Truck%20I.jpg

US%20Army%20GMC%20CCKW%20353%20Truck%20II.jpg

Next is Airfix's, formerly JB Models 1/76 scale Bedford 4-Tonne General Purpose truck:

British%20Bedford%204Tonne%20GP%20TruckI.jpg

British%20Bedford%204Tonne%20GP%20TruckII.jpg

And finally, a little beast from UM Models. This is the 1/72 scale Russian Su-1-12 Gun Truck:

Russian%20Su%201%2012%20Gun%20Truck%20I.jpg

Russian%20Su%201%2012%20Gun%20Truck%20II.jpg

That's all my armor models for this year. I have one more to show and I've posted it in the Dioramas Forums. Feel free to stop in and see my Blacksmith shop.

Meanwhile, thanks all for looking, comments are welcome.

Now to go post my 2009 Year in Review......

• 2 weeks later...

Duke,

You do mean besides you and me??.....you more; but you and me!!!! I'm cleaning up the wash on the JSU and hoping to apply decals and track this weekend. I like the "duece", makes me want to pull one of mine out and start on the Israeli mechanic truck I have been thinking about.

Mark

Yes Mark, between us two Marks is most of the posts of completed or in-progress models it seems! Good job on that JSU. I was also referring to posts on my Thread in particular; the more I get, the more I build. :smiley20:

By all means, pull out that Deuce. I'd love to see what you do with it. I may even have another 1/72 sca;le one in the stash. If you start yours, I'll try to find mine so I can copy your Israeli truck. That would be a neat addition to my Israeli army!

Mark,

I reviewed the GC Laser item for AMPS.

http://74.220.29.68/Merchant2/merchant.mvc...egory_Code=1-35

Been thinking about adding it to the rear bed of the Deuce and some other items to go along with it.

Mark

DUKE-IN-A-TOR!!! You....are thee model building Man!

- You know that I always check out what you're building, even though I may not always post a comment. This time, I had to note that these four pieces could possibly be your best efforts of 2009. Yeah sure, I know you just plain ole love building models and may not always build them as "show/contest" quality. And all of us will totally agree that is A-OK because you are building for you. Now if I may be so bold as to comment, what makes these 4 stand out is their lack of glue slops, lack of paint slops, lack of brush strokes, crisp looking appearance, darn near perfect alignment, etc, etc, etc. Perhaps the previous builds gave the appearance of all the noted flaws because, as we know, photographed 72 scale models are THAT much more magnified on the web pages here and therefore, any potential flaws are THAT much more magnified.

- One might say that the photo quality of these 4 is better. While that just might be the case, I didn't think the quality of previous photos was all that bad, so I see these 4 as being better builds. Assuming you concur with my observation......COOL!!! I am way happy for your displayed improvement over the past year. More power to ya. And even if there hasn't been any improvement, as long as you're enjoying what you do, I am still way happy for ya. Model on, Dukinator of the Sprue! :smiley20::smiley20:

Edited by Weedeater

Thank you Ken. yes, I have also seen those glue and paint slops and brush strokes, so I've been working harder on getting them eliminated. Thank God for macro settings so I can see stuff and fix it quick. The alignment is a tough one with some of these Eastern European kits (Russian Su-1-12 gun truck for example) so they are great practice for refining that.

I did get a new camera recently, so maybe the pic quality is a bit better. That also helps to find and fix the flaws during construction.

Thank you again for the compliments Ken.