OH-69A Acoma Scout

SteveV22FE

Crisp work indeed! If you hadn't posted as a "what-if, I'd have never known the difference. They say ignorance is bliss after all.....Thanks for posting and congrats on a sweet build!

Gil (one of the MOST blissful IPMS members around) :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Nice Build. Have you worked out an alternate history for it yet? Looks like markings from Ft Rucker. Hmmmmm, a training bird? Relegated to the rear lines after a dismall record in Iraq? You tell us, this could be fun if we all put our noggins together.

Nice Build. Have you worked out an alternate history for it yet? Looks like markings from Ft Rucker. Hmmmmm, a training bird? Relegated to the rear lines after a dismall record in Iraq? You tell us, this could be fun if we all put our noggins together.

I have an article going up on ARC soon. Keep an eye out for it!

It explains the whole story :-)

Looks like markings from Ft Rucker. Hmmmmm, a training bird? Relegated to the rear lines after a dismall record in Iraq?

My son-in-law is an Army CW3 flight instructor at Ft. Rucker. He thinks this is an upgrade to the UH-60M he is now teaching guys to fly.

Ed

Steve,

Hope you are bringing this to Phoenix. Would look great on the SIG table if you don't enter it.

Is Acoma an Indian tribe? All the US Army helicopters are named after tribes.

The Acoma Native American tribe was in the Santa Fe area of New Mexico.I chose "Scout" versus "Warrior" because it sounded more unique!

Steve,

Hope you are bringing this to Phoenix. Would look great on the SIG table if you don't enter it.

I built this one specifically for Phoenix! Phoenix will be my first IPMS contest since 1987!!!

Outstanding article Steve! It shows a lot of thought, very good research and attention to detail, and above all, is completely believable! Like I said, if it wasn't in the "silly week" articles, I'd taken it for gospel!

GIL :smiley16:

• 3 weeks later...