1/32 SE-5A Finished Encore Models

dcaponeII

This is my SE-5A in 1/32 scale. This is the Encore Models packaging of the Roden plastic with a great set of resin parts and three frets of PE. I'm not a figure modeler but I thought I'd take a crack at McCudden as well as he comes with the kit too. Comments welcome on this unusual scale for me. I'll be honest in that I much prefer the 1/48 scale WWI aircraft models.

dsc04651p.jpg

dsc04656r.jpg

dsc04653l.jpg

Merry Christmas to you too Mike. Yes this is one of the two I'm building for the Nuremburg Toy Fair. I've got about three hours into the Mercedes engine for the 1/32 Albatros D-II. You should see this beauty of a resin engine. I'll post the Albatros as I get into it. For all of the rest of you, Mike knows I don't build scales that have 7's in them. I've been coerced into two 1/700 ships and a couple of 1/72 scale aircraft in the past year. Now this 1/32 stuff. I've got to get back to God's scale SOON!! Of course my F6F-3 on another thread came out pretty well.

Great work, Don !!! Looks like you took all the options and went full-bore on it. That the McCudden figure doesn't look like him isn't your fault.

I've got that kit waiting to get onto my workbench. I've been thinking about using the greyed out parts to convert it to a WV. I have an unfinished Roden WV that I could use for any other parts ... By the time I get around to it, Encore will probably release their own WV ... or maybe do their thing to the DH-2 ...

Very nice Don. Mannock would be proud. Happy Holidays,

Mark Fiedler (aka aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333

Nope that's a resin prop hand painted with Testor's ModelMaster Wood followed by Oil-based Burnt Umber applied almost as dry brushing with a small fan brush. Then I used a cotton swab to soften the demarcations of the Burnt Umber. Finally I sprayed a semi-gloss clear lacquer over the top. The PC10 is a blend of Floquil Red Brown and Testor's Modelmaster Flat Black and a touch of Olive Green. The doped linen is a Floquil Dust with a bit of flat green and a little tan added. The Encore instructions have a great little set of color chips so I just eyeballed the colors (dried of course).