Now i realize F4U-1a is a very beautiful plane (pictures added)

guaguachong

well, i finished my F4U-1a this morning. i have already taken some pictures and i will transfer them to my album this night.

Merry Christmas everyone. :)

IMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2668.jpg

IMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

please give me some advice to improve.

thank you.

more pictures here in my album:

Visit My Website

thank you

and merry christmas. :)

Edited by guaguachong

Very nice,

My advice is a light dull coat to tone the shine down a bit. Also, the break between the colors (on fuselage) should be soft as it was sprayed on the real plane. Its a nice job overall and I thank you for posting it. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you.

Chris

Very nice Guaguachong! You've done good work. I would add some exhaust stains to the bottom behind the engine, this area would get dirty every time the engine was started. Great build!

thank you. Paul. i am about to do this. this is a should be done. :)

Very nice,

My advice is a light dull coat to tone the shine down a bit. Also, the break between the colors (on fuselage) should be soft as it was sprayed on the real plane. Its a nice job overall and I thank you for posting it. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you.

Chris

i am kina lazy this time, but i will try to make some change.

i am using tamiya basic sprayer, a little hard to control, but i will try one more time, too. :)

thank you.

Nice Bent Wing Bird! You're right, the Corsair is a beautiful plane and you've built a nice one! The main thing is to take the techniques and good suggestions given here and apply them to your next model. No model ever comes out perfectly. Just enjoy your building experience and try to build each one to your best level. As you pick up some better tools and gain experience, you'll make the progress you're looking for. This is an experience we ALL have gone through! Don't ever worry about how your model may stack up against anything you see anywhere else. That's a Corsair to be proud of! Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Very nice F4U. Everytime I see a Vought product, it reminds me of Mr. Russ Clark and Rex Beisel who my father worked with and later had them as guests for dinner at our house during the 1950's in Dallas, Texas, and knew them when I was a boy. Those men were the main designers of the Corsair as designed and refined. As I grew older I began to appreciate this generation a whole lot more. Happy Holidays,

Mark Fiedler (aka aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333

Really nice Guaguachong!!!

This will be my next work on the bench....

:smiley20:

Javier

wow, i am waiting for to see that. i have two more corsairs, both of them are F4U1D, and one of them is the limited edition with a small car. then i bought two Eduard zone color PE for them.

i will build them with shade, wash, and other ways to make them like the real ones.

actually even my F4U1a still needs more work, i am pretty ok with this effect which looks like a new one in museum. i may put some more color on it and wash one more time. but that is all i guess. :)

now i am practicing something like paint color dropped after planes used for a long time in the battlefield on my zero and doing a M4 Sherman and a tamiya 1/48 lighting 11 Kai.

the new semester will begin soon. so i may not finish them until next summer.