The Duke's Commission Build.

Mark Deliduka

Here it is a bit late. I finished this up on Friday and delivered it to my client just before my IPMS meeting. Finally, I'm able to post the pics.

This is the Revell 1/72 scale B-1 Bomber all finished:

US%20B%201%20Lancer%20_com_%20I.jpg

I have it sitting up on a paint tin because the main landing gear legs were still a bit wet. I wanted to let the glue set a bit more.

A view of the payload underneath:

US%20B%201%20Lancer%20_com_%20II.jpg

...and a close up of the nose art for "Iron Maiden" and the pilot inside:

US%20B%201%20Lancer%20_com_%20IV.jpg

That's about all for now. Thanks all for looking and comments are welcome.

Thanks Gil! He seemed very pleased. He has even mentioned wanting me to build him a B-24 later on. We'll see.

Duke, this time you really made a huge one. ;)

Thanks Ying. This was in 1/72 scale but I agree it is huge. However, it isn't my first huge one. I also have my own B-1 bomber, two B-52's, a KC-130 tanker, an E-3B AWACS, a B-36, B-47, British Victor bomber, British Vulcan bomber, a Tu-22 Blinder, Tu16 Badger, and a Tu-26 Backfire, among others, hanging from my ceiling. Everyone of those is just as huge, if not larger, than the B-1 I just finished.

Thanks again for posting guys!

Yup - Best thing about that kit is the one-piece clear section that blends into the fuselage, vs. having a bunch of individual windows to fight with. Nicely done!

Hi, Duke, greetings from Florida. I'm on a borrowed computer and checking in on the DF topics. Your finished B-1B looks great. It is easy to see why your client is very satisfied. I also learned something here: Revell has a 1/72 B-1B. Is it a reissue from someone else's mold? I have the 1/48 and 1/144 Revell kits in my collection, so now I have to find the 1/72 version.

Ed

Hi, Duke, greetings from Florida. I'm on a borrowed computer and checking in on the DF topics. Your finished B-1B looks great. It is easy to see why your client is very satisfied. I also learned something here: Revell has a 1/72 B-1B. Is it a reissue from someone else's mold? I have the 1/48 and 1/144 Revell kits in my collection, so now I have to find the 1/72 version.

Ed

Thanks for the compliment Ed. Speaking from my experience, this seems to be the same mold as the Monogram B-1A from about a decade ago. I built that one some time ago and have it hanging on my ceiling. I remember on the other one the cockpit was a bit more detailed, but that seems to be the only change in this model. Everything else was the same. The Revell kit is still out there. My client said that he'd gotten his mail order from Great Models.

Keith, thanks man! I'm thrilled that it is done as well.