Looking for: 1/72 C-Scale Westland Wasp/Scout Conversion sets

Scooter

Hi all.

Question: Back in the late 80's, there was a company called "C-Scale" who put out a white metal conversion set for the Airfix Westland Scout 1/72 kit. One set converted a Scout to a Wasp, and another was a weapons set for a Scout with AS-11 ATGWs and skid mounted MG's. I think there was a roof mounted sight for the ATGWs too.

Anyone remember these sets/ideas on who to try to find them from?

AC

I vividly remember those C Scale conversion sets including the one you mention. However, I really doubt you will find any FS today, and those that come up on the notorious auction site go for triple digit numbers......

Mike's right - they are as rare as hen's teeth nowadays. However, all is not lost. I'll refer you to Model Aircraft Monthly, Vol. 6 No. 6, which has an article on how to convert the Airfix Scout to a Wasp using plastic card and rod, along with the Airwaves Scout/Wasp detail set. Airwaves also does vacform Scout and Wasp canopies - each is different. Those are available from Hannants.

MAM 6/6 is still available as a back issue, for 3.50 GB Pounds,from the SAMI website:

http://www.sampublications.com/frames/mam_backissue_in_f.htm

Hope this helps!