Decal info needed F-89

David M. Knights

I am looking for decals that depict the F-89J in the overall ADC Gray scheme in 72nd scale. Preferably an ANG unit, but I won't be picky. Anybody know of any decal sheets that have this type of marking?

WolfPack Decals just came out with an Alaska Air Defense sheet in 1/72nd. I haven't bought it yet, and don't remember if it has the -89J on it, but take a look anyways. Skylancer has a sheet out but they are in natural metal.

WolfPack Decals just came out with an Alaska Air Defense sheet in 1/72nd. I haven't bought it yet, and don't remember if it has the -89J on it, but take a look anyways. Skylancer has a sheet out but they are in natural metal.

I have the Skylancer sheet. I was trying to avoid a bare metal finish on this one. I'll look at the Wolfpack sheet. Thanks.

Dave,

Which kit have you got? Looks like the Academy version comes with markings for Iowa and ND ANG, both appear to be in ADC grey. Maybe someone has a kit they could swap decals with you?

I am looking for decals that depict the F-89J in the overall ADC Gray scheme in 72nd scale. Preferably an ANG unit, but I won't be picky. Anybody know of any decal sheets that have this type of marking?

David, my records say that Superscale 72-640 covered the F-89. Problem is that I can't find it in my stash. Checking the internet gave me this review; F-89 Decals

Check it out.

David, my records say that Superscale 72-640 covered the F-89. Problem is that I can't find it in my stash. Checking the internet gave me this review; F-89 Decals

Check it out.

Yep, found those. All bare metal. :smiley19: Thanks.

Dave,

Which kit have you got? Looks like the Academy version comes with markings for Iowa and ND ANG, both appear to be in ADC grey. Maybe someone has a kit they could swap decals with you?

I have the Revell kit. Looks like I have to find the Academy one. Thanks.