The One Model I MUST Build in 2010

ewahl

Each year in December I ask this question in my Will-Cook chapter meeting. I print the list in January in the Newsletter. In December, I review the list and ask who actually completed the model on the list.

Let's try that here. Post your one MUST BUILD model (even if you are Iron Duke and will build 95) for 2010. Next December we will then recycle this list and see who put their bench time priority where their head priority was. Maybe we should then run a request for the best excuse for not completing the model. :rolleyes:

Mine is a diorama with the scratchbuilt Discovery pod bay with the Lunar Models space pod and kitbashed astronaut figure. This diorama is in progress in the component stage, and progress photos are posted under the sci-fi section.

Ed

My Trumpeter pre-WWII CV-3 Saratoga in 1/350th fits the bill. I got it as a gift a couple of years ago. I used the first year to get the Gold Medal PE set and the real wooden deck. I'm an a/c builder and haven't built a ship since I was a kid, but love aircraft carriers and pre-war a/c, so the 1938 Saratoga is a natural. Didn't get around to it in '09, and I really should try to build it next year!

GIL :smiley16:

One of my 1/48 Middle East War planes. A spitfire, Mustang, P-40, Macchi 202 or 205, another Avia, or my "what if" F4U IDF Corsair. I would settle for having any of them done.

I'm going to be a little general here but I'd like to complete a 1/700 Northampton class heavy cruiser (Northampton, Chester (a conversion), Louisville, Chicago, Houston, or Augusta. Eventually I'll build the entire class as I have enough kits to do them all. I finally finished the collection of jet I crewed during my AF career building the last one earlier this year (she is in the November online gallery). Other collections I have in progress are the family trees of the 4th Fighter Wing/Group (including the Eagle Squadrons) and the 67th Fighter Squadron of the 18th Wing

At the last IPMS Marietta meeting I was showing off the 1/72 vacuform Proteus (U-91035, Fantastic Voyage) I had found at the UK Nationals, and lamenting the fact that I'd been looking for it for over 15 years and still hadn't found the resin one in 1/48.

One of the guys says he has one and we arranged a trade! It even has a resin Raquel Welch <Rowwwl>!!

That is one I definitly have to build in 2010. Maybe also the new Tamiya Spitfire.... it's a shake & bake kit.

The Hasegawa Falke. This was a "Holy Grail" subject for me for many years, and I even started to scratchbuild one. I decided to not go AMS on this one and build it OOTB. I have had it for "only" a year now, so I figure I'd better get cracking on it.

Neal

95 eh? I haven't reached that threshold yet, but that's not for lack of trying.

Gee, maybe since I finish so many, I should list more than one that I'd like to finish in 2010.

So here goes:

My Great Western paddlesteamer.

My Corsair II sailing sloop.

The Revell pleasure/fishing boat

Testor's B-2 Bomber.

All Dragon 1/72 scale Tiger I's ( I have two more to go.)

That's all I got for now. If I can think of more, I'll post them.

One of my 1/48 Middle East War planes. A spitfire, Mustang, P-40, Macchi 202 or 205, another Avia, or my "what if" F4U IDF Corsair. I would settle for having any of them done.

Are you coming over to the Dark side??? :smiley17: Slugman

My main goal is to get 5-6 more things finished up! Too many "open" projects to really think about starting a new one. BUT with that said, my goal is to get a Hasegawa A6M2-K done with "full detail" (most of the items I build are oob)

Great question!

Edward 1:48 Spitfire FM-22/24 Special Edition. Contingent on a self assessment that my basic skills progress sufficiently at some point next year to do it justice.

-dave

If I can get my hands on one, a Revell 72nd F-22 for the Let it Snow GB at Whatifmodelers.

• 1 month later...

I have a Hasagawa Bf 109-G , which is not big deal to build. However, for a project I have every aftermarket improvement doo-dad that I could find. Plus I am planning a complicated winter camo and decal motif, (Gruppenkommandeur Horst Carganico Mickey Mouse). I tried something similar in 2009 but it was a bust so I resolve to try try again.