Ac-119 1/48 Italeri

Mark Aldrich

Hello All,

Am I brain dead or did Italeri really release a 1/48 scale AC-119 Flying Boxcar? I am almost positive that when I was building their AC-130 I remember a AC-119.

Mark

You're not brain dead, but the glue fumes have gotten to you! There is no 1/48 C-119 (resin, vac, or otherwise) or I'd have one! In fact, I finally tracked down a reference book on the C-82/C-119 at VB in preparation for the possibility of having to scratchbuild it in 1/48. Now if I could just find some good scale plans (1/144 or 1/72) to enlarge....And, unfortunately, I don't see Trumpeter coming to the rescue (at least not until I scratchbuild mine!). :smiley3:

GIL :smiley16:

Testors (Italeri) Kit #678 was the AC-119K Stinger Gunship in 1/72. Can a modeler pantograph a 1/72 kit larger to create a copy in 1/48? I've never tried such a project.

Ed

When I was building the AC-130 for a friend I could have sworn there was a 1/48 AC-119 and I had thought how kool that would be. I am sure there is a way but can't imagine how. If they made a plan C-119 in the scale then at least I could start.

Mark :smiley30::smiley30::smiley30:

To get plans in 1/48, take the 1/72 Testors kit instructions to Kinkos or some place like that and enlarge them. At least you'll have some decent drawings from which to start a project. It'll cost you a few bucks. :o

Ed