It's mine, all mine ...

JohnRatzenberger

I don't think I could resist. Enjoy!

Chris

John,

I'd say jump right in and get it done!

Plus if you really like it, my experience has been that in about 6-12 months you'll be able to pick up some more for far less than this one cost you!

Enjoy!

Ah yes! The box with the REAL GOLD lettering! Why else would a 1/32 Spit cost over $100?!

The "word" is that the initial production run has completely sold out. I'm sure Tamiya will be cranking the line up again quite quickly to allow all the rest who missed out to spend their money too. This bodes well for the rest of us, as the more money they make, the more stuff they can release! Congrats John!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Ah yes! The box with the REAL GOLD lettering! Why else would a 1/32 Spit cost over $100?!

The "word" is that the initial production run has completely sold out. I'm sure Tamiya will be cranking the line up again quite quickly to allow all the rest who missed out to spend their money too. This bodes well for the rest of us, as the more money they make, the more stuff they can release! Congrats John!

GIL :smiley16:

Gil,

I think the manufacturer is "sold out" meaning all the kits are in the distribution chain. I know Great Models shows them on-hand as I write this -- plenty of opportunity for others to get one.

It is everything that has been said about it -- quality of parts, instructions, etc.

In a major departure of manufacturer and scale ....

ohboy.jpg

The question is do I sweep everything off the bench and dive right in or take my time and savor the experience ...

DIVE INTO IT!!!! Like a child tearing presents open on xmas!! :smiley20:

This is a phenomenal kit! Just picked my sample up from the LHS. Thanks for arranging the deal for the club dudes, Brian! Of course, the sectional parts layout is evidence Tamiya plans on other version releases. The most obvious being a Mk. VIII. The separate fuselage side panels on either side of the tail wheel look to be a most accommodating parts swap-out for the retractable tail wheel, etc, etc.

- The lesson to take away here is that if you have designs to mini convert this to a Mk. VIII......don't. It's coming in kit form, eventually.

- John, Dive in! And please, let us know (pics) how it goes.