Czech Models F-80C

Texas

I am new here but have been building models since the early 50s. This is my last completed model. A Czech Model 1/32 scale F-80C. I used a AM cockpit and exhaust pipe from Harold at AMS. The gear legs are the metal ones I ordered from Sprue Brothers. The wheel wells and speed brakes were detailed using Evergreen and bits from the spars box. It was painted using Testors paints and the NMF is Alclad II. The decals are kit supplied.

FinishA2.jpg

FinishA5.jpg

FinishA0.jpg

FinishB9.jpg

FinishB2.jpg

FinishB3.jpg

FinishB6.jpg

FinishC3.jpg

Texas :smiley20:

Edited by Texas

Wow - That is freekin' gorgeous! This is obviously not your first rodeo. I like the used, but not over-done gunpowder effect on the nose. What's the image & associated history in the tail insignia?

Wow - That is freekin' gorgeous! This is obviously not your first rodeo. I like the used, but not over-done gunpowder effect on the nose. What's the image & associated history in the tail insignia?

The Saggin'Dragon was a F-80C of the 16th Fighter Interceptor Squadron that came to grief when it made a wheels up landing at K-13 during 1951.

Here is a better photo of the tail.

FinishC8.jpg

SWEET! Excellent NMF! What shade of Alclad did you use? Also, were there any problems with the kit? If so, you obviously overcame them in great style! Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

I used Alclad II chrome because that's all the LHS had at the time. I made it take on different shades by changing the primer. I used Model Master gloss Gull Gray as a primer and after it had sufficient time to dry I sanded it with 3200 to 8000 grit paper leaving different areas with either a glossy, semigloss or flat finish.

The kit is a limited run and does have it's up and downs. It takes some research, a lot of test fitting to get it right. I thought it was a lot of fun to build but then I like a few problems to solve with my model builds.

I did a on line build on LSP if you want to check it out here is the web address.

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...ch+Models+F-80C

very impressive cockpit. do you use any PE to enhance the details? that just looks wonderful.

The kit came with a colored photo etched IP from Edward and Harold's resin cockpit is made to use it. So you have a great looking IP without a lot of work.