What's Your Favorite Sci-fi Model Subject?

RGronovius

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Star Trek kits, they were fun to build. I built a few smoothies as a kid but as i aged and became infected with AMS, my finished kit tally began to decline. I wanted the darn things perfect. Oh well...

I do like the new Polar Lights offerings in 1/1000 scale. The idea of one constant scale is very appealing. You can build a fleet and have a constant scale reference. And the kitbashing opportunities are there as well.

I hope Round 2 continues with the 1/350th line...The ships are huge, the wow factor is there...but they eat shelf...er...real estate quickly.

Id like to see someone try the Starship Enterprise floating over the Carrier Enterprise in 1/350th scale...that would be impressive.

Hi Jon! Yep, seems it was a fairly common rite of modeling, to build Star Trek themes. And trying to get them "perfect", is a disease that still infects me today, 'cause it's near impossible. But trying to is the "challenge", or the "obssession", depending on your viewpoint.

Like your "Enterprise's" idea, that would definitely eat up some display space!

Welcome to IPMS, and thanks for posting! :smiley20:

Id like to see someone try the Starship Enterprise floating over the Carrier Enterprise in 1/350th scale...that would be impressive.

That project has crossed my mind more than twice.....

That would be the Polar Lights Refit kit Mark! And, it would indeed be, a very cool display! :smiley17: