Nissan Skyline Xanavi R35

MikeH

I'm diving head-long in to this one and have the PE set to go with it. It's a very simple kit. No engine, and minimal chassis elements to show for the wheels as the pan covers everything underneath. I may get a hold of some carbon fiber decals to do the interior some justice also. The molding is clean with minimal effort required to eliminate mold lines.

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

Edited by MikeH

You might look into Scale Motorsports 'clear' carbon fibre decals. I have heard a few good things about them.

http://store.scalemotorsport.com/merchant2...oduct_Code=1724

Eric

I'm diving head-long in to this one and have the PE set to go with it. It's a very simple kit. No engine, and minimal chassis elements to show for the wheels as the pan covers everything underneath. I may get a hold of some carbon fiber decals to do the interior some justice also. The molding is clean with minimal effort required to eliminate mold lines.

Not much progress, but something. Got the wheels painted gloss black, the PE disc brakes on and the chassis pan assembled. I've still got a couple more spots to mask and paint gloss black aside from the metallic black I painted tonight on the body.

DSC01654.jpg

DSC01655.jpg

DSC01656.jpg

Mike:

That Nissan is turning out mighty nice. I may have to try me one 'o them, when I get some $$$ to purchase it. How hard is the PE to work with as far as the brake rotors and such? I've never done that kind of PE before, just some small interior pieces and I'm curious.

Dave

Mike:

That Nissan is turning out mighty nice. I may have to try me one 'o them, when I get some $$$ to purchase it. How hard is the PE to work with as far as the brake rotors and such? I've never done that kind of PE before, just some small interior pieces and I'm curious.

Dave

Mike:

Dave

Dave, the PE parts for the interior weren't an issue at all. Very easy to work with aside from the small size. The brake discs fit beautifully as did the exhaust tips.

More progress. I robbed all of the carbon fiber decals from my Honda Civic kits to make the CF grill piece, door panels, center console, and dash. Plenty of micro sol and set for those door panels. The PE set for the harness wasn't bad, but annoying as the back side has a mild adhesive to it for wrapping the loops on the end. :rolleyes: Lastly a mock-up with the semi gloss and gloss black painted on the body. I also had to repaint the red side panels behind the front wheels as the masking tape didn't react well with the dry painted side. <_< They're drying as we speak after a sanding and respray.

DSC01660.jpg

DSC01659.jpg

DSC01658.jpg

DSC01657.jpg

I'm nearing completion. I've got the body 90% done. Next is the rest of the tail end, spoiler, and a bunch of tiny PE parts. The fit of this kit is absolutely amazing. I haven't had a single issue yet.

DSC01662.jpg

DSC01663.jpg

All done, now to get my baby decaled. :smiley20: A couple close up shots of the PE parts. The roof latches are two pieces. The clamp that I had to fold, and the pin/ring that was insterted after ward. I'm glad that working with PE parts was the topic at our last IPMS meeting. Saved me a ton of frustration.

DSC01665.jpg

DSC01666.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01668.jpg

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01670.jpg

DSC01671.jpg

All done! Quite an enjoyable kit with no fit issues to speak of. The decals match the paint colors beautifully. The worst part of the kit is trying to keep that chrome lid clean. Especially while attaching decals etc. I also used the Tamiya PE set to go with the kit.

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01674.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

DSC01676.jpg

DSC01677.jpg

Thanks Jay. I would highly recommend this kit to anyone. It's a pure joy to build. My only complaints are that for the price it should include SOME MODERATE engine detail (even if it's a molded-in top view) under the hood, include the PE set (which I suggest getting for this kit), and the lack of carbon fiber decals to more accurately depict the front grille assembly and the interior dash and center console. I actually robbed all the carbon fiber decals from my Honda Civic kits to do this model. lol :smiley4:

Beautiful work. The graphics are very cool. Thanks for posting it.

Chris