Tamiya JSU-152

Mark Aldrich

Fellow Treadheads,

Does anyone have this kit yet? There are no reviews I have found on the web and was curious if this is their own mold or if they borrowed Zvevda's? Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

From the Tamiya website....http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/35303jsu152/index.htm

Not much information, yet. Stay tuned.

top.jpg

From what I have read about the JSU series it appears to be a K model. I am going to convert mine to an M. The only scary part will be making the frame for the headlight/blackout light cage. I never have good luck with bending wire the same.

Mark

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Not yet.................but I did three.......one was a AEF Conversion BEFORE KIDS...........and two DRAGON kits, both commission builds. Doing a T-62 turret as we speak :)

• 4 weeks later...

OK,

The build progresses. A couple notes about the pictures. We did not have any plans of the real vehicle to assess this comparison with. We used a simple metal ruler to do some measuring. Overall the Tamiya kit is wider and longer. It is most noticeable in the frontal pictures. It is more noticeable on the right front casemate when compared to the two Dragon offerings. In the first picture you will see that they all appear about the same height. However, in picture two we added the original Dragon kit that Mike had to add 1/8 shims all around the lower hull tub. This kinda proves the theory that Dragon's original kit was too short. Hope to get more done on it this weekend. However....Christmas lights are a priority.

compare1.jpg

compare2.jpg

compare3.jpg

looks great.

as i know, cyber and dragon are the same company. tamiya's new one heard is pretty good.

zevaka frequently make some problem for assembling.

personally i think this tank destroyer is huge and ugly, which is the symbol or characteristics of the soviet union armours. :)

but when they get together, they do show something as power.

Nice compairson Mike - looking forward to more info when you get done with the lights! (sadly I haven't been able to get to the bench to work on anything either!)

• 2 weeks later...

Bob,

I agree. You can have your Panthers, and Tigers but nothing says fear like a JSU or KV series vehicle!

Mark

Hey Friends;

I've seen the JSU-152 at our club meeting, and it's looking sharp !! :smiley20: And yes, this is a monster of a tank.I wouldn't have wanted to fight it in a Sherman, maybe a M-26 Pershing. Slugman, IPMS Green Dragons.

• 4 weeks later...

The beast is done! You all shgould see the finished photos and write up in the review section in a few weeks. Now to dive into the Seattle "modelfy" entry I have been working on.

Mark