Hello from texas...Will Self

willieself

Been modeling seriously for nearly 20 years and finally got off my rear and joined IPMS...primarily build 1/48th scale aircraft from WWII to current, and mostly US subjects...I have built the odd armor kit from time to time and dabble in Sci-fi also.

I live in west Texas and the nearest hobby shop is a 2 and 1/2 hour drive so the internet is my major source for modeling info and supplies etc...I did manage to attend this years NATS in Columbus and had a blast, looking forward to Phoenix!!!!!

Hello Will!

Welcome to the forums!

I live in a rural part of PA, and I too have "nothing close" when it comes to hobby shops. I get most of my stuff online, and at the shows I attend every year.

Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome Will! One of my very best friends lives in El Paso, which is as west in west Texas as you can go! I also lived in an area years ago where hobby shops weren't nearby, so I feel your pain. But, at least now you have the internet and this forum to buy what ya need and to show of your work! Post some pics of your stuff when you get time! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Welcome aboard Will. Those are nice! Are you any relation to William Self, actor/producer in Hollywood (circa 1940's to 1960's)? Hope you enjoy our forum. Best,

Mark (alias aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333

Will,

I'll find your listing among the rest of the members in Texas and I'll see if there are any other IPMS members living nearby (That's a Texas "near-by" so the neighborhood is a bit larger than in other parts of the country.)

I'll reach you by PM or email.

Edited......

Will, your best bet (and closest IPMS neighbor) are the guys in San Angelo. Contact Jim Graham who is the Chapter Contact for the San Angelo Scale Modelers. His email is being sent to you via PM.

Edited by Dick Montgomery

Welcome aboard Will. Those are nice! Are you any relation to William Self, actor/producer in Hollywood (circa 1940's to 1960's)? Hope you enjoy our forum. Best,

Mark (alias aAzZ09)

IPMS #14333

Thanks Mark..no relations to that Mr. Self...I used to get a kick out of the old Batman shows and see my name in the credits!!! LOL

Thanks for the info Dick!!!!! :smiley20: