1/48 Eduard Albatros D.V

JonMitchell

Jon, cool paint scheme, unquestionably. But, being only slightly WWI aircraft literate, I can't figure out the pink-ish lookin tires. Is there something particular about that? And thanks for posting the great pics.

Jon, cool paint scheme, unquestionably. But, being only slightly WWI aircraft literate, I can't figure out the pink-ish lookin tires. Is there something particular about that? And thanks for posting the great pics.

Ken, that's what was called out in the instructions. I seem to recall something about natural rubber having a pinkish color. I could be completely wrong though, I often am.

That's a very pretty Albatross! I've always like the mauve/green schemes, but have yet to build one. Did you paint your prop laminations, and what did you use for rigging? Great build!

GIL :smiley16:

Gil, the prop is painted and dipped in future. I masked it to keep the demarcations crisp. Maybe some day I'll try laminating and carving one, but not today. The rigging is 7x (.004) fly fishing tippet. I attached it with super glue, then used a soldering iron to tighten it. I Dullcoted everything after I had tightened the rigging, so it accumulated on the rigging and gave it some texture (for lack of a better term).

Thanks everyone for all the kind words.