Buildings???

Mark Aldrich

Which do you prefer? The old ceramic/cast style, the new styrene type (MiniArt), the new resin cast ones that seem to be hitting the market, or building your own? I personally enjoy the old ceramic ones as long as they aren't too cracked.

Mark

Which do you prefer? The old ceramic/cast style, the new styrene type (MiniArt), the new resin cast ones that seem to be hitting the market, or building your own? I personally enjoy the old ceramic ones as long as they aren't too cracked.

Mark

As an armor builder, it's all rubble to me anyway. That said, I like the cast resin buildings...

• 4 weeks later...

There's just too much cool stuff in model RR land. The German Kibri brand is pricey, but there's probably no better source of authentic, central European-looking architecture. Being mostly an aero-nut, I've had visions of mounting planes in forced-perspective dioramas over these things in N-scale or HO (not rubble...yet...)!

• 7 months later...

I like the Styrene models. So much easier to build, paint and weather:

Airfield%20Control%20Tower%20I.JPG

Country%20House%20with%20Porch%20I.JPG

European%20Country%20House%20I.JPG

Russian%20Farmhouses%20I.JPG

Russian%20Farmhouses.JPG

Russian%20Two%20Story%20Farmhouse%20I.JPG

These are just a few I've done. I also have the Waterloo Farmhouse, a store, and inn, a blacksmith shop, a stronghold, some bunkers, and even a KFC.

Yeah, nothing like these.

There's just too much cool stuff in model RR land. The German Kibri brand is pricey, but there's probably no better source of authentic, central European-looking architecture. Being mostly an aero-nut, I've had visions of mounting planes in forced-perspective dioramas over these things in N-scale or HO (not rubble...yet...)!

Agreed. The craftsman style RR models are great for super detailing fans. It's also a good way to get a handle on how to design your own buildings.

Edited by KevinK