Tamiya 1/48 A6M2a zero fighter type 21

guaguachong

i finished adding rivets and finally found my tool to transfer pictures, and thank Greg help me find the album.

i like zero fighter because i think it is a beautiful plane. comparing, i like F4U corsair because it is the plan as the symbol of power and glorious, the same as F6F, but at least i think F4U looks a little strange :)

before i bought this kit, i did not notice it was so old until i saw the No. 016....what is the newest one? 103...OMG. but whatever, the old kit means cheap and i can do whatever i want to and it is simple, too.

these are some pictures about my job of rivet. then i will dig holes in the set and then start painting...

Visit My Website

http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/uu310/g...nt=IMG_2542.jpg

http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/uu310/g...nt=IMG_2543.jpg

PS: still do not know how to put pictures in my article. :)

Edited by guaguachong

add two pictures today for the cockpit.

as i know, the designer made some holes in the cockpit and seat to reduce weight, which was one of the rediculous way to make it lighter....

so drill some holes with the new tools i bought today. they are working excitly for excel company. :)

i am still waiting for my paint colors and air brush, but they are closing :)

Although it's an older mold, it's a great kit that is still available at a good price, both in the primary & secondary markets.

The model 21 is the classic Zero design and has a wide variety of paint options.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing your A6M2.

~Sean

Although it's an older mold, it's a great kit that is still available at a good price, both in the primary & secondary markets.

The model 21 is the classic Zero design and has a wide variety of paint options.

Good luck, looking forward to seeing your A6M2.

~Sean

yes, you are right. it is about 10 dollars everywhere. the only thing is few panel lines on the body, they are not engraved and i do not think i have enough skill and equipment to rebuild them, which may influence the results.

also it is cheap so i can practice as much as i can and do not need worry wasting too much money.

ebay is a good place to get cheap kits, but it takes too much time and i always lose since i can not pay very much. :)