PMMS Closing Down?

Warwheels

Hi Guys.

Terry Ashley of PMMS has decided to shut down his site. To see his message,go here .

Personally, I would very much miss his site and especially his reviews. IMHO, Terry's reviews are some of the best available of the tens of thousands on the Internet. In fact, they are usually the first that I check. No offense to IPMS or any other site.

I hope he reconsiders his decision. Although I cannot speak for anyone but myself, it is obvious to me that Terry's decision would mean a great loss to many.

Patrick Keenan

Editor - WarWheels.Net

Edited by Warwheels

Terry,

I remember the issue with Dragon. I am not a member of FSM and am sorry you feel bullied. Please do not close down your site. Your reviews rock and I put great merit into purchasing kits after reading your reviews.

Mark

Uhmmm, Mark, Terry is NOT a member of IPMS/USA, you're wasting your time posting here.

After reading his blogspot, I went over to FSMs forum but could not find the offending thread, too bad Terry didn't link to it in his blog.

Edited by pyrman

You have a good point about him not reading the post as he's not a member. Duh. I'll make a change to my post.

However, I still think it is important that people know his intentions of shutting down.

Uhmmm, Mark, Terry is NOT a member of IPMS/USA, you're wasting your time posting here.

I am pretty sure the thread was deleted by FSM.

Eric

Eric

After reading his blogspot, I went over to FSMs forum but could not find the offending thread, too bad Terry didn't link to it in his blog.

On Dragon's MDFC forum site, there was an "in house" character code named Blogger Hiroshi that would regularly bash the DML competition (Bugler/Trumpeter, Lizard/Tamiya, etc) and also Terry's (aka Fosters) reviews of DML kits. Well, about 1-2 months ago, Terry decided not to review DMLs kits and Hiroshi was not happy. Not sure of the issue between Terry & this Brian Balkwill clown.

EDIT: This just in from our on-the-street correspondants-

Here's a link to Brian Balkwill's blog - it appears that Terry Ashley, or I should say Jon Bailey, wrote a less than raving review to one of his DVDs & then Brian found out Terry didn't write it & started a flame war. Ho-hum

Edited by pyrman

On Dragon's MDFC forum site, there was an "in house" character code named Blogger Hiroshi that would regularly bash the DML competition (Bugler/Trumpeter, Lizard/Tamiya, etc) and also Terry's (aka Fosters) reviews of DML kits. Well, about 1-2 months ago, Terry decided not to review DMLs kits and Hiroshi was not happy. Not sure of the issue between Terry & this Brian Balkwill clown.

EDIT: This just in from our on-the-street correspondants-

Here's a link to Brian Balkwill's blog - it appears that Terry Ashley, or I should say Jon Bailey, wrote a less than raving review to one of his DVDs & then Brian found out Terry didn't write it & started a flame war. Ho-hum

The funniest part of that blog is that he actually took the time to do a Hitler subtitle video from "Downfall"

I too shall miss PMMS. It has been a great site! I looked through the words Brian Balkwill has put out there. It seems he is really taking a bad mark on a product personally to the point of laying out a flow chart and doing a video. True if something is sent to a particular reveiwer then it should be done by that person.

I hope Terry reconsiders his decision on closing a great site!