Yet another Corsair

Ron

Hey folks, don't give up on me yet. Been cold and wet here so frankly I just havent worked ont he plane recently. Staring to get better though and I hear the plane calling my name.

Ron,

I'm not visualizing the twist you have, but in my older days of doing this, we used to steam 'em out with a little counter twist to teach the wood its place ... Depending on the size of the area and the degree of un-twist, use anything from a steam iron to a pouring some hot water over it ...

Thanks John, the twist was not as bad as I had thought. So, since I have to plank the wing anyway, I was going to glue the bottom planking with the twist removed. It should take care of the problem. But I may use your suggestion first and then glue the planking on to hold it in place. Thanks for the input.

Thanks John, the twist was not as bad as I had thought. So, since I have to plank the wing anyway, I was going to glue the bottom planking with the twist removed. It should take care of the problem. But I may use your suggestion first and then glue the planking on to hold it in place. Thanks for the input.

With a minor twist and planking you might be able to do it, depends on the dgree/direction of the twist versus the grain on the planking.

With a minor twist and planking you might be able to do it, depends on the dgree/direction of the twist versus the grain on the planking.

That’s my thoughts too. I at first thought there was about a quarter-inch twist. But further investigation showed there was a built in washout which was the majority of what I saw. The actual twist, once I was able to get the a level board, is abut 1.5 mm at most from left to right and front to rear even less. so it is a minor issue. It's my own fault though, I thought the thin board I had, that was reinforced by 2x4 would be flat enough and level. but alas, I was just a dumba#$. I now have a nice THICK board that and should no longer have the issue. My only saving grace is that I was attentive enough to notice it before finishing the wing and then having to try and fix or trim it out possibly causing the plane to be unstable.

• 2 weeks later...

alrighty then. Got some work done

DSC00013a.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

Now all I need to do is cut out the ailerons and install the servos and ...

• 1 month later...
Oh Yes More Progress....Your doing a great job....

Texas :smiley20:

Progress has been made. Have the wing 90% sheeted. Need to buy servos nd then can finish the job and begine fitting to the fuse. Then I can begine the sealing, painting and finishing. Pics soon.

• 3 months later...

Yup, still alive, still working and still trying to get r done. here are the latest pictures.

IMG00161.jpg

IMG00160.jpg

IMG00159.jpg

IMG00158.jpg

IMG00157.jpg

IMG00162.jpg

Very nice work...I could never work with balsa wood worth a darn. Thanks for the update!

Later,

Lee

That wing is starting to come together! Keep us in the loop as it comes together more.

GIL :smiley16:

Actually, it's almost ready for the glass and color. Just need to see if I can do better with the servo mounts. Learned a great deal on this kit, good thing too because the next project is by the same manufacture and is put together in a VERY simalar fashion.

Very nice work...I could never work with balsa wood worth a darn. Thanks for the update!

Later,

Lee

You should try it. it is very simalar to soft plastic. But cheaper to fill, duplicate and replace when needed as long as you keep the original plan template or make a copy of the original :-)