TBF-1C Cockpit Colors

KitR

I'm just getting started on the Accurate Miniatures TBF-1c Avenger and the cockpit and floor colors call for Bronze Green which they reference as FS 34058. I looked up that color and it looks to be Sea Blue. I just don't recall seeing that color in some of the reference photos I've looked at. The instructions call for Interior green for the crew/radio compartment.

Can someone verify that color for me?

Thanks,

I should just be Interior Green and Zinc Chromate Green, I don't have the FS numbers at work with me but I can look it up when I get home....

Sorry it took so long...

Interior Green is FS34151

Zinc Chromate is FS 34227

Reading my instructions it says to use Interior Green, now mine is a TBM and not a TBF which means that they were manufactured by different companies so that could account for the differences. I would bet someone here could tell you the differenece between M and F as to which companies built them...

Thanks John,

I got a flurry of replies when I posted the same question on Hyperscale. It seems that the color mentioned in the instructions with the TBF-1c are correct. Grumman used a dark green on parts of the cockpit in early war TBF's. I was even given reference photos.

Thanks again.

Kit

Sorry it took so long...

Interior Green is FS34151

Zinc Chromate is FS 34227

Reading my instructions it says to use Interior Green, now mine is a TBM and not a TBF which means that they were manufactured by different companies so that could account for the differences. I would bet someone here could tell you the differenece between M and F as to which companies built them...

• 3 weeks later...

Somebody told me that MM Euro Dark Green FS34092 was a close match to Bronze Green...and the pics on here are really close to the color in the bottle...

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004..._colours_us.htm

Thanks Keith,

That's a fantastic article and a great resource.

Kit

Somebody told me that MM Euro Dark Green FS34092 was a close match to Bronze Green...and the pics on here are really close to the color in the bottle...

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/2004..._colours_us.htm