Best product for mounting clear / window parts?

I have been using Elmer's school glue to mount windows & clear parts for years, but have found the recent purchase of more has proven that the recipe has changed.  

What do others use & has great results with?

Cheers

Rick

I use this and have had no problems with it. Cleans up with a lightly moistened Q Tip and dries clear. I even use it for some P/E parts.

714k8eP0JyL.jpg

• Like 1

If the fit isn't good, I've used a very delicate, carefully applied drop or two of superglue. That small amount usually won't fog anything, especially if the clear part has a coat of Future or another acrylic clear coat to brighten it and be less susceptible to fogging. 

If the clear part fits well, or just needs a very slight filling along its edges, I've started using UV cured clear resin. The excess can be wiped away with alcohol before using the light to cure and set/glue the part in place.

Gil :cool:

• Like 1

I just picked up the UV clear resin for use on my Williams Bros. B-10 and that crappy triangular belly clear piece!

• Like 1

I've used Gator Glue for a number of years. Never had an issue with it.

I have used and continue to use Elmer's. Works fine as long as the part has no stress on it. 

• Like 1

I have tried Elmers, and a few others I always go back to G-S Hypo watch crystal cement. Dries clear and is a strong bond. I use it for automotive/truck glass and canopies without an issue.     Micromark carries it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Clear Gorilla glue is good also but it has a tendency to run so the application has to be limited.  Two part clear epoxy is also good.  I let it partially set up and then press the glass into it.  Both hold really well.

R/C canopy glue has always been a go to for me.  Dries perfectly clear, cleans up with water, tacks up pretty quickly and doesn't fog clear plastic.  Not sure what more you could ask for. 

ZAP Glue ZAP Formula 560 Canopy Glue PAAPT56 Misc. Adhesives Fillers - Picture 1 of 1

• Like 1