Sioux Indian Bust by Young Miniatures

Kjundude1

James, well done on your Sioux warrior bust. I very much like your choice of colors. We find it difficult to believe that the 19th Century Indians had access to the pigments that would create those colors on their clothing. I am assuming you used fine brushes for your details. Feathers and beads are always a treat to paint. Your skin tones are quite natural looking. From the grey hair, is this an aging warrior?

I have to learn how to apply and blend the Vallejo paints, as I have the remnants of a Vallejo paint rack from a LHS that closed over a year ago. I tried selling the bottles for $1 each (retail $4 each) at my club meetings, but not very many were taken even at 75% off and no 10% sales tax. I have enough paint and different colors to last me the rest of my life.

Ed

SNIP

I tried selling the bottles for $1 each (retail $4 each) at my club meetings, but not very many were taken even at 75% off and no 10% sales tax. I have enough paint and different colors to last me the rest of my life.

Ed

10% sales tax! Good God! Thank you for making me feel so much better about our Commonwealth's 6% leeching. :smiley22:

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

Ed, this does represent an aging Sioux Indian.

I love painting with Vallejo acrylics. It takes patience and lots of practice to do the blending. I still don't have it mastered.

- James, this bust is spectacular. I especially love the blending of the facial tones and shading. I can barely wrap my head around blending with oils, but to see it so well done with acrylics is a real treat. Thanks for sharing these pics.

.......I tried selling the bottles for $1 each (retail $4 each) at my club meetings, but not very many were taken even at 75% off and no 10% sales tax. I have enough paint and different colors to last me the rest of my life.

Ed

- Hi Ed, are you still interested in selling more of those Valleyjo paints? If so, please PM me with your asking price and whether you have a good selection of all the basic colors needed to paint WWII figures (German, US, British). If you just want to hold onto what ya got left, that's OK, I'll understand.

Model on, Brothers of the Sprue.