1/32 F-35 Lightning II by Lindbergh???

Fred

While visiting a ship modelling site, pictures of the recent model expo in Japan were displayed. The focus was mostly on a proposed 1/144 USS Arizona by Lindberg, but in among the photos was a 1/32 F-35 Lightning II, also by Lindbergh, that is planned for future release.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there any further information? I like the idea, but the pospect of Lindbergh doing this kit makes me cringe. :smiley11:

I saw the same pics and I thought the info given was that Lindberg/Hawk have combined and are a "resurgent" company. This may be their first "new" kit under that guise. I know of no other 1/32 F-35 kit, so it's new tool from somebody, even if they paid a Korean, Chinese, or Czech company to do the molds. Don't be too quick to compare it to the other 40+yr old stuff from them. Besides, it would seem to be the only game in town if you want an F-35 in 1/32. Time will tell! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Hmmmm, wonder it we add a little here and take a little there, we can reconfigure the XF-88 mold to look like a F-35? :D

Actually, they released some car kits in the late '90's that were very good. I think it'll be a rebadged kit of someone else's.

Glenn

This may be their first "new" kit under that guise. I know of no other 1/32 F-35 kit, so it's new tool from somebody, even if they paid a Korean, Chinese, or Czech company to do the molds.
Lindbergh/Hawk are also doing a Dodge Charger police cruiser- it was due out this past April. :smiley13: I thought PANDA released an F-35 about 5+ years ago?

Lindbergh/Hawk are also doing a Dodge Charger police cruiser- it was due out this past April. :smiley13: I thought PANDA released an F-35 about 5+ years ago?

Panda kit was 1/48th, but this looks to almost be a pantograph.

The plane is NOT an F-35B. At best it is the X-35. Major changes betweent he two as to the lift-fan intake door (not doors) and contouring, Canopy, Nose/Radome shape, wing shapes, landing gear, etc.

I hope it was a prototype like their ARIZONA, not a test shot.

Panda kit was 1/48th, but this looks to almost be a pantograph.

The plane is NOT an F-35B. At best it is the X-35. Major changes betweent he two as to the lift-fan intake door (not doors) and contouring, Canopy, Nose/Radome shape, wing shapes, landing gear, etc.

I hope it was a prototype like their ARIZONA, not a test shot.

i read this in chinese model website too. we were pretty suprised, and looked like it is 1/32 or even larger.

i guess it is too big to many people who love X-35. :)

but anyway, hope this company makes a wonderful x-35 to us.

I hope and pray that Lindberg (no "h") has their collective act together and that this F-35 is a decent kit. I said that the prospect (with an "r") of them making a kit makes me cringe because of how they mucked up the 1/72 Japanese submarine. Many were anticipating that kit and many were disappointed by how bad it turned out.

I will keep my fingers crossed!

I read the mock up at the show was 1/16th scale and made of balsa.

"This kit will be available as the F-35A, F-35B, and F-35C, with all the various differences correctly documented. A complete engine, detailed cockpit, and weapons bay will be provided." From Internet Modeler.

• 2 weeks later...

The model shown in the above pic, shows the features of the X-35 on the fuselage, but the intakes are those on the production F-35. Of course, 1/32 is too big for me, I need some good 1/48 kits of the F-35 production series. :smiley2:

Boy, this all sure takes me right back to the mid-70's when everyone was itching for production model F-16's and F-15's. They were too new for me to get interested in them back them. I need a little "history" in an item to spark my interest! So why is it that 35yrs later I still have only ONE F-15 built.......... :smiley22: Give it time guys, give it time! Who knows, 3yrs from now we may be lamenting that EVERY manufacturer is releasing nothing but F-35 kits and neglecting all of the other models we want!

GIL :smiley16: