Embassy Suites room reservations

Since I carped on the failures of the initial Madison Nats hotel room reservations, I'm here now to heap praises on the changes they made when it came to incorporating the newly opening Embassy Suites hotel room reservations!

I'm impressed by the way they coordinated with the hotel to first put out emails to IPMSUSA members that would allow them to get on a list for the available rooms at the Embassy Suites. THIS is something that can be pointed to by IPMSUSA as a tangible benefit of membership going forward when someone asks "what do I get besides a magazine"? I'm hoping that this system, or some form of it, can be used going forward each year so that the chaos of trying to get a room each year is lessened AND so that current IPMUSA members get a leg up on the other attendees, as well they should. The only other suggestion I'd make here is to be sure most regular vendors are included in this, if they aren't already.

I also want to commend their clear and concise communications, in both the initial email to get on the reservations list, as well as the most recent one on how to make the actual reservation, including clear details on how to modify the dates to meet your personal needs. THIS is reminiscent of the way the Madison group was originally communicating with us here late last summer and signals a reliability in their dedication to hosting a great show.

While I'm not privy to all of the details, I suspect that the "new" Eboard has also played a part in this, if only in offering their firm support in the changes made in how we reserve rooms for the Nats. I want to thank them also, as this could also signal a return to a semblance of sanity in its duties going forward.

I know there may be some other things to be tackled and overcome for the Madison show, but I'm greatly heartened by the way this first obstacle was obliterated, and in such a new way. I'm looking forward to seeing all y'all up there in July!

Gil :cool:

Edited by ghodges

Agreed! If the communication aspect of the convention chair is any indication of how the convention will go, we are in good hands indeed. I think it speaks well of the convention chair and his team with the way the Embassy room openings and relocation of the Hilton rooms for the RNC "grab" was handled.

Pat D