hello, everyone, i am looking for help

guaguachong

i am the new guy here.

i recently bought a Tamiya 61016 1/48 Zero fighter Type21, a Timiya 1/35 M4A3 sherman and a Timiya 1/35 B1Bis.

but i could not find the equipements i need in the store.

like i want to add some rivets on my zero fighter, which is a old model and has almost nothing on the surface. but i could not find 0.01 mm drills or 0.02mm drills which i used to do this.

i checked the internet and found some special equipments made by hasegawa to do this, but i do not know where i can buy them...

so where do you guys usually go to buy the equipments?

by the way, i am a foreigner so my english is kina rusty and i am sorry if i made you guys feel confused.

i am living in jackson, mississippi and looking for somebody who play models here but i could find anyone. hope i can find more friends here in our society.

i am the new guy here.

i recently bought a Tamiya 61016 1/48 Zero fighter Type21, a Timiya 1/35 M4A3 sherman and a Timiya 1/35 B1Bis.

but i could not find the equipements i need in the store.

like i want to add some rivets on my zero fighter, which is a old model and has almost nothing on the surface. but i could not find 0.01 mm drills or 0.02mm drills which i used to do this.

i checked the internet and found some special equipments made by hasegawa to do this, but i do not know where i can buy them...

so where do you guys usually go to buy the equipments?

by the way, i am a foreigner so my english is kina rusty and i am sorry if i made you guys feel confused.

i am living in jackson, mississippi and looking for somebody who play models here but i could find anyone. hope i can find more friends here in our society.

Ni Hao,

There are three chapters of IPMS USA in Mississippi. Here is the information from the Chapters page of the website.

MS, Biloxi-gulfport

IPMS Red Flag Scale ModelersEvery 3rd Monday of the Month, West Biloxi Library, 2047 Pass Road Biloxi, Ms. 39531 Sam AcostaMS, Mississippi

IPMS/Mantachie HighEach Friday, 11am to 2pm at Mantachie High School Brent HamptonMS, Tupelo

IPMS/Mississippi Modelers2nd Saturday of the Month, 1 to 3pm, Lee County Library, Tupelo, MS Brent Hampton

As for what you are looking for, if you want to add rivets to your zero, may I suggest the riveting tool here.

http://umm-usa.com/onlinestore/index.php?c...0b50c297dd56cbe

The person who runs this company is a great modeler and an IPMS/USA member.

You've picked 3 really good kits. I hope you will post photos when you are building them.

Sincerely,

thank you. i actually communicated with the organizer in mississippi about joining their meeting.

unfortunately all of them are about 3 hours away from where i am living. so i fix to meet them during the winter holiday. by the way, i am a student right now and pretty busy during the semester. :)

thank you for you help, and these are what i am looking for.

i fix to get them right now.

thank you. i actually communicated with the organizer in mississippi about joining their meeting.

unfortunately all of them are about 3 hours away from where i am living. so i fix to meet them during the winter holiday. by the way, i am a student right now and pretty busy during the semester. :)

thank you for you help, and these are what i am looking for.

i fix to get them right now.

Where in China are you from? I think you will find the local IPMS chapters filled with good modelers who are willing to help.

south. hu nan province.

yes, i am looking for some local modeler for a long time but no founded. there are two places here which sell models. one changed their price to rediculously high about half year ago.

the other one is hobby lobby, and i went there in holiday and hoped to find somebody. but failed. i think the population in mississippi is too small, which maybe one of the reason. :)

i bought three things for 1/72, 1/48, 1/32 riverts, which look good and easy to use :)

know i am working for the A6M2 zero type 21. since i have no airbrush, i am just thinking to add some riverts for her. :)

south. hu nan province.

yes, i am looking for some local modeler for a long time but no founded. there are two places here which sell models. one changed their price to rediculously high about half year ago.

the other one is hobby lobby, and i went there in holiday and hoped to find somebody. but failed. i think the population in mississippi is too small, which maybe one of the reason. :)

i bought three things for 1/72, 1/48, 1/32 riverts, which look good and easy to use :)

know i am working for the A6M2 zero type 21. since i have no airbrush, i am just thinking to add some riverts for her. :)

My daughter is from Fuling, Chongching. The Tamiya Zero is a good kit. Enjoy.

My daughter is from Fuling, Chongching. The Tamiya Zero is a good kit. Enjoy.

i am a little confused. do you mean you have a chinese daughter?

chongching is a huge city in southwest china.

tamiya, the same as hasegawa made many A6M zero figher from type 21 to type 52c. but some of them designed like 20 yrs ago, and they are not as good as new ones.

like what i got is tamiya 61016, which is kina cheap but not as precise as the newest 6110x type 52c. but i will enjoy it. tamiya's models have less parts than the dragons' and fit each other better, too. i like tamiya more, but when i was in china, i was a completely dragon fan :)

what do you make most?

Yes, my daughter is from China. We adopted her about 4 years ago.

I spent a week in Chongching. I really liked the city. Fuling is about 2 hours travel time from Chongching.

The Tamiya Type 21 is a little older than some of their current kits, but it is still a very good model. Hope you will post photos as you build it.

Yes, my daughter is from China. We adopted her about 4 years ago.

I spent a week in Chongching. I really liked the city. Fuling is about 2 hours travel time from Chongching.

The Tamiya Type 21 is a little older than some of their current kits, but it is still a very good model. Hope you will post photos as you build it.

nice man, i heard something about this, and i think it is good for these children.

yes, i will take pictures, but the quality may be not so good since i still had my digital camera bought 4 yrs ago in china. :) but i will try.

see, there are too many skills to learn for modeling, like taking picture, washing, coloring....i still have a long way to go.

nice man, i heard something about this, and i think it is good for these children.

yes, i will take pictures, but the quality may be not so good since i still had my digital camera bought 4 yrs ago in china. :) but i will try.

see, there are too many skills to learn for modeling, like taking picture, washing, coloring....i still have a long way to go.

The pictures we post here don't have to be of high quality. I am sure your camera will do fine. Good luck on the Zero.

thank you for your encouragment. i just finished adding the rivet job. i did not do all but just part of the rivets.

i kina used the wrong tool which was for 1/32 rivet but it worked pretty well as i thought. and for last parts i changed to the smaller rivet tool.

the tool worked not too bad but i may write a email to them to give them some advice to improve, cos it is kina loose for the first one i used, the metal part was about to drop. :)

i will have a test on monday and i will try to see if i can take some pictures tomorrow if i feel i can handle the study.

we will see.

have a good weekend. :)

sorry, i did take some pictures yesterday but i could not find the device to transfer the pictures to my computer.

hope i can find it today.....

PS: here the discussion are less than i thought before i came to here. are we just building but not put pictures online or make some discussion?

i went to one of the best chinese discussion forums, too. and many people there are enjoying talking but may not really build something, which is funny, too.

sorry, i did take some pictures yesterday but i could not find the device to transfer the pictures to my computer.

hope i can find it today.....

PS: here the discussion are less than i thought before i came to here. are we just building but not put pictures online or make some discussion?

i went to one of the best chinese discussion forums, too. and many people there are enjoying talking but may not really build something, which is funny, too.

Speaking for myself, I'm building quite a lot and I post a lot of pictures. I usually finish about 55-60 models a year anyway, and you can see everything I've been working on for most of the year in my General Modeling Forums Thread about my workbench.

I am looking forward to seeing your pics. Hopefully you can get them posted soon and get some more discussion going. Thanks Ying.

yes, i hope i can post soon, too.

my God, for whatever reason my tool for transfering pictures from camera to my computer disappeared....

she was everywhere when i did not need, and now she is no where when i need her....

i get crazy about this.

but whatever, i bought a tamiya air brush and air compressor online and they will be here few days later.

and i probably can do painting during the thanksgiving, kina exciting. :)