CA-13 Mk II Boomerang - “Phooey�

Scooter

Latest model built…

This is a CA-13 Mk II Boomerang (A46-195), named "Phooey" of No. 4 Squadron (Code: QE) the Royal Australian Air Force depicted in Labuan, Indonesia in early 1945. The kit is the old LTD Models 1/48 scale and is built out of the box. The color scheme is a faded Foliage Green, and is shown with the white wing ID markings and fitted with a belly fuel tank. For those not familiar with the Boomerang, it was an early war fighter, made obsolescent by 1943, and then used in the ground attack/liaison role in mountain jungle areas due to their nimble size, speed and ability to maneuver under such conditions. They were taken out of service in 1946.

The model was not easy, but in the end, I think it depicts a good example of a "Boomer"

AC

CACBoomerangportfrontquarteroverhea.jpg

CACBoomerangstbdfrontquarter.jpg

CACBoomerangportrearquarter.jpg

CACBoomerangportfrontquarterclosein.jpg

CACBoomerangfrontclose.jpg

CACBoomerangportsidelogoclose.jpg

Adam, this looks awesome. It's one of my favorites from WWII. I have a fair number of Boomer kits. Including the 32nd Montox kit. I hope that when I get around to building one of these that it looks half as good as yours. Great job. Model on, Brother of the Sprue. :smiley20:

I'm with you on difficulty level of the LTD kits. I bought their IAR 80 kit at Nationals many years ago and it was a tough build as well. In the end it was a satisfying result just like this. Very nice results on a tough kit.

Chris

If I am not mistaken that particular aircraft you modeled was preserved at a museum in Australia.

Actually no, "Phooey" had bad landing in Labuan and was destroyed, I believe around May 1945.

There are still about 8 Boomers in Museums and flying however.