Mig-15 anyone?

GregWise

I'll "DITTO" Clare's post! Any thoughts on how the Trumpy Mig-15 compares to Tamiya one? That's a good looking Faggot! (Maybe that's the first time I've said that in public.......and maybe not!) :mellow:

GIL :smiley16:

Clare- it's the trumpeter 1/48 kit.

Gil- The trumpeter kit has a few deficiencies in kit design while the tamiya has it's problems in accuracy. I chose to delete alot of the problems by not useing all the 'extras' included in the kit. That said I wish I would have went with an aftermarket pit.

Dude-I used the base and layer style painting and Gunze Hobby Color paints.

Thanks Guys-

Greg.

Another awesome great job Greg. This looks fantastic. Thanks for posting these pics. Model on, Brother of the SPrue. :smiley20:

This looks awesome. I really like the shot taken on the sectional map. I may have to borrow that for a review. The Mig 15 really looks like a fighter to me. All business without the frills. Typically Russian. Thanks for sharing.

Chris

Nice going! Migs have always had such a sinister look and you have captured that effect very well.

Happy Modeling,

Mark (alias aAzZ09)

This looks awesome. I really like the shot taken on the sectional map. I may have to borrow that for a review. The Mig 15 really looks like a fighter to me. All business without the frills. Typically Russian. Thanks for sharing.

Chris

... well the map maybe cool (I thought so too) but it altered the coloring of the mig and also made it hard for the camera to focus in on the mig. Then again I used a old Kodak Z740 :smiley17: I also shot pics with a white backdrop and it made the mig look way to dark while the blue backdrop seems to offer the best photos in terms of what the subject really looks like.

... well the map maybe cool (I thought so too) but it altered the coloring of the mig and also made it hard for the camera to focus in on the mig. Then again I used a old Kodak Z740 :smiley17: I also shot pics with a white backdrop and it made the mig look way to dark while the blue backdrop seems to offer the best photos in terms of what the subject really looks like.

I go through the same process when I shoot review models. I have a Nikon D70 so bad pictures are almost always caused by the photographer. It is interesting how the background can alter the subject. For this reason, I enjoy building the model and writing the review but hate photographing it. By the way, bare metal finishes really pop against a blue background.

nice. makes me begin to love this plane.

by the way, the painting is kina special. is it from the soviet union air force?

china used this plane too from 1950 to maybe 1986. i built one when i was in middle school, not painting no nothing at that time. :)

nice. makes me begin to love this plane.

by the way, the painting is kina special. is it from the soviet union air force?

china used this plane too from 1950 to maybe 1986. i built one when i was in middle school, not painting no nothing at that time. :)

I'm glad you like the Mig. I used the kit scheme and decals the information they provide on this Mig reads- Soviet Air Force , Korea 1953. :)

v-vs_mig-15_40_shkodin_147_giap.jpgThis MiG-15 with five kill markings in the form of red stars was flown by Maj. Nikolay Shkodin, who flew with the 147 GIAP in 1953.

Edited by GregWise