German 88 kit

tomk

Hi Tom,

I am pretty sure that your only choices are the Dragon/DML kit or the Tamiya if you are talking about the Flak 36/37.

I have both here, but have not actually built either one so take the following comments for what it's worth! :smiley2:

The Tamiya kit is dated, but from what I hear goes togehter well. They have recently re-issued the kit in Afrika Korps markings & added a few more parts & a metal barrel.

The DML/Dragon kit is a more modern mold, and has a lot more parts. However if you get the boxing with the metal & PE parts - you'll have to add nothing else to make the kit stand out. BUT will all those parts, the built is much more complicated & the price goes up a bit.

If you are looking for a more modern mold with more parts get the DML kit.

It's been my experience that you can pick either kit up on sale at times (which is why I have some here unbuilt!)

As for accuracy, I can't say which is better my guess would be the newer DML kit. Try a Google search for both kits and you'll come up with several reviews of each online.

Hope this helps some.

Hi Tom,

I am pretty sure that your only choices are the Dragon/DML kit or the Tamiya if you are talking about the Flak 36/37.

I have both here, but have not actually built either one so take the following comments for what it's worth! :smiley2:

The Tamiya kit is dated, but from what I hear goes togehter well. They have recently re-issued the kit in Afrika Korps markings & added a few more parts & a metal barrel.

The DML/Dragon kit is a more modern mold, and has a lot more parts. However if you get the boxing with the metal & PE parts - you'll have to add nothing else to make the kit stand out. BUT will all those parts, the built is much more complicated & the price goes up a bit.

If you are looking for a more modern mold with more parts get the DML kit.

It's been my experience that you can pick either kit up on sale at times (which is why I have some here unbuilt!)

As for accuracy, I can't say which is better my guess would be the newer DML kit. Try a Google search for both kits and you'll come up with several reviews of each online.

Hope this helps some.

Thanks, Tim

What is the best German 88 kit on the market?

hello, i am the new guy. i had the Dragon 88mm, too. it is so complicated and i actually doubt if i can put them together. :)

right now i do think Tamiya is better since i bought a Tamiya's M4 sherman and the amazing B1bis. Although i was a completely Dragon fan, right now i am changing to Tamiya. :)

good luck.