The Duke's First Aircraft In December

Mark Deliduka

Once again, I managed to get one more aircraft done so far this month. This one is the 1/72 scale Spitfire Mk.XIV that came with the Mk.VIII I finished earlier. This time I was able to get three good pics:

full

full

full

In addition to this, I finished another little model. Although it is not an aircraft, it is carried and dropped by them so I'm including it here. This is the Attack Squadron resin and photo etch model of the Mk.24 21" torpedo mine:

full

You can see it on the box lower center in the pic above. Here it is posed with the Avenger that I completed earlier:

full

That's all I have for now, how ever, I have a few more close to the finish line so I might have a couple more finished before year end. Stay tuned and comments are welcome. Thanks for looking in.

• Like 1

Nice Spit! While the WWII versions are the "classics", the later Griffon engine ones like yours look a little meaner in my opinion! Congrats, and if you have 2 weeks left that has to be at least 2 more models you can finish!  🙂

Gil :cool:

That’s a fantastic looking Spitfire Mark.  One day I’ll be able to make the camouflage look like that on my planes. At least I hope so 😀

Can I ask what that white band at the back of the fuselage is?  Is that to designate a specific unit since it’s covering part of the markings on the right side of the plane?

Thank you Stuart! A tip for the camouflage: Silly Putty is your friend. If you go back a few pages on my Maddog Manufacturing thread, you'll be able to see how I use my Silly Putty to mask the aircraft and spray the different colors. As for the white band; I guess it is a unit designation; I didn't pay much attention to it. The instructions said to paint it on, so I did.

Jean-Marc, thank you! I do have more to come....