Source for steel tubing

ghodges

Someone posted a link to Vista Dental supplies and I went there and found THESE!

100_2437.jpg

These are the Appli-Vac 3/4" Bendable Needle Tips (without the points), and the above bags are from the #315510 "Combo Kit". It costs $19.00 (plus postage). It gives you 6 different guages (16,18,19,20,22,&25) with 20/bag, for 120 total. As you can see, several of the sizes can be "telescoped" together. These should be great for gun barrels, cannon barrels, and actuators! I cut them to the length needed using an abrasive wheel in a motor-tool (use eye protection!). I've heard of some people saying they can also be cut by scoring around the tubing with a new #11 blade and then snapping it off (but I haven't tried that myself).

The link to their page is: http://www.vista-dental.com/products/query.cfm?id2=Appli-Vac

Since it says they're "bendable", it might be possible to curve them without kinking, which might make them even more useful. They sold to me over the phone (as a hobbyist) with NO problem, and I didn't have to order more than the one Combo Pack. If you know what guage size you need, then you can also order them by that size. Hope this helps some folks! Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Thanks Gil, really nice source for cheap, metal gun barrel material! Shipping's a bit pricey, so I'll try to get several others to go in with me on an order....

Also look here. It's three foot needles without the needle part and for only a few bucks.

http://tinyurl.com/yzlnurw

John

Excellent, John! An even better source!

I like the Hypo idea because I can add them to my syringe to make weld beads. The different sizes are a great idea. Will make the weld seams on my M113s more accurate.

Thanks for the link.

Mark

• 1 month later...