AC-47

Glynyrd

Hi all, this is the latest I have finished. I'm gonna catch you some day, Duke! It's the Monogram 48th kit, built box stock except for antennas from stretched sprue. I airbrushed it with MM enamels and used the kit decals. It's a typical old Monogram kit, good detail, simple assembly. I loved the miniguns. The decals spooked me ( ;) ) though. As I was putting Micro Sol on them, the carrier turned really milky in color, and I was afraid they'd stay that way, but it was gone in the morning. It almost didn't survive the young 'uns as it was knocked off the desk as they spun my office chair around. Thus it ain't perfect but looks great from 10 yards away as you can see in the third picture.

Glenn

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

Nice work Glenn.

Out of the plant (box) and on the ramp. A straight forward build and it is on the shelf. We all need to do that more often and I have been doing just that.

The camo is certainly interesting.

Keep up the good work.

Nice Spooky! You're not the first one to be scared by old Monogram decals. Sounds like the ones that date from the '80s, when their instructions metioned that the adhesive would turn white before clearing up. Some of their old decals could NOT be used with the regular gloss-set-decal-solvent-gloss system. The old decals seemed impervious to everything! Yours looks great. It actually took me 3-4secs to find the model in that long shot on the yard! Thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

Beautiful job Glenn! That looks extremely well done in my opinion and as mentioned before, your camouflage works very well in the backyard! And if you wish to catch up to me, now's the time. I'll be spending time cleaning and organizing the Hobby Room and taking some updated pics of some of my models now that I have a new camera.

Bring it on bro!

This is very cool looking. I can only hope that mine looks half as good as this when I get it built. Model on, Brother of the Sprue. :smiley20: