No idea where else to post this.

Mark Deliduka

Since I have no idea where else to post this, I'm posting this here. It is not a diorama, but it is a building which would go on one.

This is my Airfix 1/72 scale La Haye Sainte Waterloo Farnhouse. It is complete all except for the base:

Belgian%20Waterloo%20Farmhouse%20I.JPG

Belgian%20Waterloo%20Farmhouse%20II.JPG

This will be used at the Anaheim Muzeo for their Napoleon wargame table, and then I'll being it home and put it on a base. I might even use it as my armor photo base for taking pics.

Thanks all for looking, comments are welcome.

I once did a diorama with a broken brick wall in 1/32 scale. Painting the bricks on that seemed to take forever. You did yours in 1/72 scale, so I have to ask. Did you paint the bricks or mortar first? The end result looks fantastic whichever method you used. What are all the holes for around the entrance door and near the peak of the back building? I'm guessing trim pieces you did not add.

Ed

Thanks Ed! I appreciate the compliments.

First, the holes: The entrance door holes are on the opposite side of the rings that hold the door hinges. I'm not sure what to do about filling them without gluing the hinges on the doors. They are supposed to swing open and shut.

Hmm, you may have given me an idea with your mention of 'trim pieces'. I could glue some styrene strip over them to make them look like door posts. Thanks! Ed!

The holes on the roof peaks are possibly heat vents. There were no trim pieces in the model on the sprues that were supposed to go there. I am only missing one other piece and it is the post holding up the roof over the back exit.

Now, for painting the bricks, I did a full coat of the light brick color first. When it was dry, I applied a thick coat of a dark brown color over the bricks and immediately wiped it off, leaving the color in the mortar grooves. It also made the bricks look slightly dirty too, which was all the better. Thanks again for the compliments on the brickwork.

Duke,

Excellent work as usual. I have made a note to Dennis that we might need to open a Diorama forum to cover stuff like that.

Mark

Thanks Gil! I got that idea looking at buildings and seeing the dirt kicked up by rain and other splatter.

Duke,

Excellent work as usual. I have made a note to Dennis that we might need to open a Diorama forum to cover stuff like that.

Mark

Thanks Mark! Great minds think alike; I did the same thing.

Jack, thanks! I thought so too; that's why I got it. I had thought to put a WWII Allied command group in there on a Dio base someday.

Thanks James. I think it had been out of production awhile, this one was released a few years back.

Thanks again for the great replies guys!

Duke,

Hold on to it. Quick check of EBAY leads me to believe it was issued as a battle set with figures and the few that are listed are in the $55 range.

Duke,

Hold on to it. Quick check of EBAY leads me to believe it was issued as a battle set with figures and the few that are listed are in the $55 range.

Oh yes, I'm definitely holding on to this. Mine was issued without figures or a base or anything. It was just the parts for the Farmhouse itself. Maybe an earlier issue had the figures and battle set. I wouldn't mind having the battle set though, but that is going to be awhile.

Bun,

Yes they did....A Roman Fort, A Cowboy Fort, a Coastal Defense Fort and a Saharan Fort. Geez...now I wish I DID build in the Braille scale.

Mark

Bun,

Yes they did....A Roman Fort, A Cowboy Fort, a Coastal Defense Fort and a Saharan Fort. Geez...now I wish I DID build in the Braille scale.

Mark

They also have a gun emplacement as well. I have both that and the Coastal Defense Fort. I'd love to get a Saharan Fort. I've never been able to get one.

Thanks all for the great comments!

Duke,

The two on evil bay are starting at $69 and $89. Good luck finding one.

Mark

Ouch! That's tough! If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I'll buy replacements first for my Aurora 1/72 scale Piper Aztec and Piper Cherokee 150 to replace the ones stolen at the '07 Nationals!

Thanks for the heads up.