Five More Vehicles from the Duke

Mark Deliduka

Okay, as promised; I have here my most recent armor models completed. There is a bonus at the end of this post too for your enjoyment, as mentioned above.

For some reason, my camera never seems to pick up the dusty weathering too well. Oh well, I'll have to experiment.

Anyway, here they are.

First is my Airfix 1/72 scale German Recon Group consisting of an Sd Kfz 222 armored car and a Kubelwagen. I made them early war:

German%20Recon%20Group%20I.JPG

German%20Recon%20Group%20II.JPG

Next is my 1/72 scale Trumpeter M-113 A2 APC. I need to find the gun again:

US%20Army%20M%20113A2%20APC%20I.JPG

US%20Army%20M%20113A2%20APC%20II.JPG

And finally, I have achieved a milestone!

I have built at least one each of every version of the M4 Sherman released by Dragon in 1/72 scale!! In some cases, I built multiple versions of the same tank (i.e. Sherman Firefly) The last version released by Dragon was an M4A2 (75mm) 'Beute' Sherman. It had only one decal option: captured German. So, I bought two and made one a Russian Lend Lease Sherman using aftermarket decals from ACE's Lend Lease decal set.

Here is the first Sherman the way it was meant to be built:

German%20M4A2%20_75mm_%20Sherman%20_Beute%20Panzer_%20I.JPG

German%20M4A2%20_75mm_%20Sherman%20_Beute%20Panzer_%20II.JPG

And now here is my version from the Russian Army:

Russian%20M4A2%20_75mm_%20Sherman%20I.jpg

Russian%20M4A2%20_75mm_%20Sherman%20II.jpg

And now for the 'bonus' I told you about. Here are two 'family group' pics of my entire Dragon Sherman collection.

Sherman%20Family%20I.JPG

Sherman%20Family%20II.JPG

Pretty cool eh?

That's about all for now. Feel free to check out the Aircraft, Ships and General Modeling forums for my latest models there.

Thanks all for looking, comments are welcome.

Dude,

You are KILLING me!!!! Slow down, breath, break a leg or arm even. Seriously......they all look great and keep on modeling!!!

Mark

Dude,

You are KILLING me!!!! Slow down, breath, break a leg or arm even. Seriously......they all look great and keep on modeling!!!

Mark

I can't! I gotta Keep On Rocking! I gotta make it to the Top.....

Oops, different song..... Sorry, I got carried away there for a minute.

Thanks for the great compliment!

This is probably the first time this year that I don't have more than five models in progress at the same time. I have only four more ito finish: a train, a plane, and two more French ships. Hmmmm....... what to work on next.....

Mark:

That is a nice looking family of Shermans you got there. Looks like at least an armored company. You need to set up a command track and some that will be platoon leaders vehicles. You are truly "The Iron Duke"

Thanks Dave! Unfortunately, nobody makes a US command vehicle in 1/72 scale. I'm going to try and do a conversion of an M-113 track to an M-577 command track if possible, but I'm not too confident at this time. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Oh, and I need to take a new pic. I inadvertently left out two of my Dragon Shermans: both the 105mm tanks! Stay tuned....

Stop the madness!!! :smiley15::smiley4: More cool models from the Duke. Love 'em all, but especially the company of Shermans. You got more tanks there than many third world countries do. You could start your own county, Deliduka County. Forget OC. The USA has Washington DC. Now we can have California DC! You got bigger and better aspirations. Model on, Brother of the Sprue. :smiley20:

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Hey, Juke Box Hero..........don't attack anyone!!!!! BTW, what guys Son is now the Drummer????

[off topic, irrelevant post...remove please]

Edited by DennisTennant
off topic

LOL! Thanks Ken! The madness has slowed down a bit. I have a Bone to build on commission so I'll be concentrating on that for now. As for my tanks, that Sherman collection is only a very small fraction of my total.

Jack, I'll hold back, but woe to the fool that comes after me! As for the trivia question; I'm sorry, I don't know. I'm glad you caught that though.

Mark, thanks! That is a bit on the expensive side for me though. I may try to pick one up if I ever get a sizable job someday. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Duke,

They actually make three. This is a supplier.....haven't found their website yet.

http://tracks-n-troops.com/shop/index.php?...mp;keyword=m577

Roll Models carries the line but not the M577s.

Ah yes, Tracks-n-Troops! I'm very familiar with that site. They got some great stuff and I regularly communicate with Milan on Braille Scale Forums on Missing Lynx. Thanks for the links. I may try to get a couple once I get more income.