Three More Completed By the Duke.

Mark Deliduka

Okay, as promised; here are the most recent aircraft I finished.

This first one was a gift from Tim Herriman. It is in 1/72 scale and finally completed. I had a bear of a time getting the vac-formed canopy to fit right!

Now when I made this, I made one fundamental mistake because I didn't pay attention. I'll let you guys try and figure it out:

Here it is, my Canadian Zlin Z-142C:

Canadian%20Zlin%20Z-142C%20I.JPG

Canadian%20Zlin%20Z-142C%20II.JPG

Canadian%20Zlin%20Z-142C%20III.JPG

Next, I finished the Monogram 1/48th scale F-102 Delta Dagger for my friend. All it needs now are the missiles. I'm still waiting for them to dry:

1-48%20F-102%20Delta%20Dagger%20I.JPG

This last one is a fun little project I did as part of a speed building contest. At our annual IPMS Orange County BBQ and pool party, we had a contest. Each person was to pick a plane and see how much they could complete in two hours.

I was the only one to get to the painting stage and so I won first place!

Later, I took it home to finish it with the decals and everything. Here it is, my prize-winning Japanese Zero Egg Plane:

Japanese%20Zero%20Egg%20PLane%20I.jpg

Japanese%20Zero%20Egg%20PLane%20II.jpg

My prize for this contest was the Monogram 1/24 scale see-through fully working P-51 Mustang.

Okay, these are all my planes finished. Feel free to check out the Armor, Ships and General Modeling Forums for my latest completed models.

Thanks all for looking, comments are welcome.

Now when I made this, I made one fundamental mistake because I didn't pay attention. I'll let you guys try and figure it out:

Here it is, my Canadian Zlin Z-142C:

Canadian%20Zlin%20Z-142C%20I.JPG

Canadian%20Zlin%20Z-142C%20II.JPG

OK, my guess: On the right side, the blue arrowhead (or whatever it is) toward the prop starts farther back than it does on the left side. One side is incorrect, but I do not know which. Looking down from the top (not shown), the Canadial maple leaf emblem on the right is farther back than on the left. Or, put another way, the decals on the two sides are not aligned with each other.

Now, if this is NOT what you wanted me to see, ooops!

Ed

That Snowbirds scheme is quite striking. I was gonna say "cute" 'cause it's such an itty-bitty model, but no, it's a cool scheme! The 102 is evrything you could want in a "Duece"! I see you did all of the dirty work, painting and exposing the weapons. I took the easy way out and closed mine up! As for the Zero....there's something not right about it.......but I can't quite put my finger on it..... :smiley17: Congrats! And thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

How did I know that you'd win the speed building contest :lol: I really like your 102. Its a great scheme, and you've done a good job with it. As for the Snowbird, the tail is on backwards :smiley2:

Glenn

As for the Zero....there's something not right about it.......but I can't quite put my finger on it..... :smiley17:

That particular shape was specifically designed for the Japanese pilot to dive on and capture a U.S. Fat Man atomic bomb after it was dropped by the B-29 and before it could get low enough for the fuse to detonate it. Unfortunately, once captured, the bomb was still live and could not be defused by the pilot in flight, so the pilot had a Kamikaze flight out into the Pacific away from the home islands to dive in glory into the ocean (preferably into the middle of a U.S. Navy Task Force).

That bit of research should satisfy your curiosity. :rolleyes:

Ed

LOL! Thanks for the great replies guys!! I love it! .

Ed, good guesses, but that isn't what I was aiming for. The arrowheads are not aligned because the decal on one side broke and ended up shorter than the other. The Maple leafs on the wings are pretty well aligned, the angle of the pics makes them look more off. No this is something bigger. If you aren't familiar with this plane, you will completely miss it. I sure did till it was too late!

Thanks Gil. Yeah, I'm building this for one of the guys who was a top program manager on the development of the Dagger. I figured he'd really love it opened up like that. Otherwise I would have done the same thing you did!

Glenn, just lucky I guess..... :smiley9: Thanks for the great compliments! As for the Snowbird, tail is on correctly! Try again!

Good answer Ed! I'm glad I have you around to help with the difficult historical questions! :smiley20:

Three more cool models from The Duke. I too like the dirty look on the 102.

- And for you Zlin fans......

ZlinZ-142C.jpg

Don'tja just love those swept forward wings! :smiley4: Hee, hee, hee. Model on Dukinator! :smiley20:

Three more cool models from The Duke. I too like the dirty look on the 102.

- And for you Zlin fans......

ZlinZ-142C.jpg

Don'tja just love those swept forward wings! :smiley4: Hee, hee, hee. Model on Dukinator! :smiley20:

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner! I didn't know the wings were supposed to be swept forward. I thought it was a flaw in the molding! So I shaved and sanded them to be more straight! My bad! I found out after it was too late that they were supposed to sweep forward!

Thanks Ken!! For your prize, you get two beers on me at the Phoenix Nats!

See you then!

Greg, thanks for the compliment. Glad to see you stop in.

.......I thought it was a flaw in the molding! So I shaved and sanded them to be more straight! My bad! I found out after it was too late that they were supposed to sweep forward!
- Doooohh!!! I hate it when that happens. Mike, ya hear that laughing across the desert from Albuquerque to OC? :smiley17: I'm laughin with ya, not at ya. I've been there once before and your tale is one to be told amongst modelin friends.

Thanks Ken!! For your prize, you get two beers on me at the Phoenix Nats! See you then!
- Yer on. Besides, we were gonna share a beer with Mike M., Jim C. and a few others anyways. Model on, Brothers of the Sprue. :smiley20:

Reminds me of a MnT we had for our club. The kits used were old Airfix Zeros, Mustangs, and Bf-109Gs. One kid put his wings on backwards, resulting in a "swept wing" 109....looked better to me!