I-16 type10 "Rata"

GregWise

Nice Rat! I especially like the way your fuselage stripe came out and the weathering on the botom. Looks like you repostioned the elevators...did you do anything else? Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

GIL :smiley16:

David- it's the 1/48 Eduard kit.

Gil- I used the CMK interior set that included resin horizontals w/separated elevators, gear doors and a beautiful pit enhanced with the kit supplied photo etch. I replaced gun barrels and pitot tube with hypodermic needles I also drilled holes in the proper locations for the added gear retract cables(most people mistake the small oval panels inside the gear bays).

Glenn- I'll shoot some comparison pics.

Edited by GregWise

- This is a sweet looken build! :smiley20: I especially like that you gave it an application of mud under the wings where the wheels would have flung it up on them. Too few models (of aircraft that would have operated outta muddy airstrips) show this. I also like the none-sharp edged yellow fuselage band (see the 3 o/c view and the bottom shots). Looks like an authentic field application.

- If I may.......looking at the side view shots, at the top where the rudder lines up with the vertical stab, it appears that the rudder is sitting a tad low. Unless that was done on purpose (for a reason I'm not aware of. Maybe there were really like that???). If that was not intended and it is not too late, maybe the rudder can be removed and reattached.

Orrrrrr, leave it. The model still looks very cool. Model on Brother of the Sprue. :smiley4:

weedeater- sharp eye! I have knocked that rudder off at least 1/2 dozen times one more time aint gonna hurt.

glenn- here are a few comparison shots... sorry I ebayed my last P-47.

100_5677.jpg

100_5676.jpg

100_5675.jpg

100_5674.jpg

100_5672.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

nice job.

and nice to see this little cute boy again. :)

honoursly, i think it is as urgly as its brother I-15 :).

In china, this one is very famous as his brother I-15, cause it serviced in chinese air force in WWII to fight against Japan.

it did pretty good job before A6M2 first time joined the battle field.

in that battle, about 20 chinese I15 and I16 were shot down by A6M2s and all A6M2 returned to their base.

in Asian coutries, people still remember that war happened more than 60 yrs ago.....

Personally, i like western culture of this parts. we remember ths mistake but not for revenge, but prevent same things happen again.