overdone or just right?

TheDude

I just got done painting, weathering and decaling 3 1/32 scale hasegawa P-47's and a 1/32 Dragon 110 (thanks James!). I think I may have over done the postshading part, what do you guys think? I've got thick skin so don't hold back, I can take it! :D

HPIM1043.jpg

HPIM1044.jpg

HPIM1049.jpg

HPIM1048.jpg

HPIM1045.jpg

HPIM1046.jpg

HPIM1047.jpg

Edited by TheDude

David,

I just did post shading along with some light oil wash in some of the panel lines. The post shading seems a hair lighter in the pix than it is but not by very much.

Brian,

There look great! I can't wait to see them in Phoenix.... I just hope you don't get bogged down like so many of us tend to and never get them finished. How long have these four been 'brewing' now?

Thanks James!

Well being that I'm currently unemployed as of last week I 'should' be able to finish them by Phoenix although I wouldn't consider them contest worthy though :unsure: . I've been working on the Jugs for about 2-3 month and the BF110 for about a month or so. They are all built out of the box except for the aftermarket decals of course.

FWIW The 110 is a fantastic fitting kit I'd almost say better than Hasegawa or Tamyia but the instructions leave a lot to be desired <_< . It take a little research and figuring things out plus I used Robert DeMaio's excellent IPMS review build link here in the review section for guidance and assistance with the instructions.. ^_^

Edited by TheDude

Thanks James!

Well being that I'm currently unemployed as of last week I 'should' be able to finish them by Phoenix although I wouldn't consider them contest worthy though :unsure: .

Sorry to hear about your job loss.

I don't build for contests, I just take things along and if I win I count myself lucky.

My only comment other than the overall nice job on the post shading is that I prefer to set the faded edge in the direction of the slipstream as opposed to towards the interior of the panel areas as you have done. Personal preference more than anything else I'm sure. It is hard to tell from the photos and the lighting conditions will change how it looks as well. If you think it's good then it's good and if you feel the need to tone it down a bit you can always overcoat with tinted clear flat. Sorry about your job loss don't spend so much time modeling that you don't get enough time job hunting. I've always reminded myself during previous bouts of unemployment that job searching is a full time job.

Thanks for the additional comments guys. I'm not too worried about the unemployment part, I'll be ok for a few months. Luckily I was prepared for such a scenario. As for the condolence for the job loss, thanks again but that job really sucked anyway! :lol:

- The boys in Albuquerque Scale Modelers have had the pleasure of seeing these works in-progress, pro-gress at our monthly club meetings. Brian's also been bringin these along to our model buildin parties, and the pics here don't do them justice. They are sweet, and awesome, in person. Model on, Brother of the 32 Sprue. :smiley20:

Edited by Weedeater